Author Topic: Things that make you go.....hmmm.  (Read 2575 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Things that make you go.....hmmm.
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:28:59 AM »
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline JoppaMill

• Verified/Junior
  • I have not arrived
Re: Things that make you go.....hmmm.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 12:02:48 PM »
That's how you have to do it if you load the screen backwards.  ;)
Each year, over two billion t-shirts are sold worldwide!

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 12:49:28 PM »
Maybe that video was done just for end users and may not be done that way for real...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 05:47:27 PM »
Yea, just marketing to the layperson.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 05:54:14 PM »
Just marketing to the lame person.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TH Apparel

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 08:06:43 AM »
I've been doing it wrong all these years!

Offline XG Print

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 08:39:31 AM »
Wow you would think they could have at least put the shirts on the pallets correctly.  They are upside down...Not sure how you could even load them that way LOL!  Looks like the shirts are just laying on the pallets.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 09:50:43 AM »
In the very first POV shot, that onesie is going on backwards, too. Obviously aimed at consumers. Can't laugh much, though - I know I'm not the only one who's lost business to them.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 09:58:01 AM »
In the very first POV shot, that onesie is going on backwards, too. Obviously aimed at consumers. Can't laugh much, though - I know I'm not the only one who's lost business to them.

Actually, many of us seem to get business from clients who go to their site, design their shirts, and are then unhappy with either the price or turnaround time. There are also many who seem to only use their design lab, and then expect local shops to produce the product.

That said, some time back, Custom Ink actually put someone in touch with me because of the extra care I could give a small job which also needed to be handled carefully to avoid a potential trademark issue.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »
Andy is selling out to the Man!  >:(
haha

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »
LOL only us screen printers who pay attention to detail would have caught that, but we all know why they did it ;)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Northland

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 10:27:35 AM »

Actually, many of us seem to get business from clients who go to their site, design their shirts, and are then unhappy with either the price or turnaround time. There are also many who seem to only use their design lab, and then expect local shops to produce the product.

That said, some time back, Custom Ink actually put someone in touch with me because of the extra care I could give a small job which also needed to be handled carefully to avoid a potential trademark issue.

Second that.... I've done many jobs for folks who are not happy with Custom Ink art -or - prices.
It's pretty easy to be beat C/I prices, by a couple bucks, in most cases.
The issue is order size... usually about 20 shirts.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 12:11:36 PM »

They've called us a couple of times, "we'll start you at 12 orders a day" and, for less money than we make, so, no thanks.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 01:38:03 PM »

Well, I admit, that's true for us too, especially the part about customers using their design lab. And "lost customers" probably wasn't accurate. We've never had any an existing customer leave us for them. I should say we've lost a few potential customers, on certain types of orders, to Custom Ink & other similar companies. And I don't have sour grapes; typically, these aren't our target customers anyway. I suppose, as a small shop, I just feel a little nervousness about giant online operations becomes the printing equivalent of Wal-Mart or, more accurately, Amazon. Both have indeed put a dent in many a local business. But the counter to that is that there will always be things a hands-on owner can do for individuals that a corporation can't. So, I'll laugh a little at their ad, but I'll also try to stay on my toes as to what I'm giving customers.
Nice guys laugh last.