Author Topic: Roland GX cutter - bad position message.  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Roland GX cutter - bad position message.
« on: December 19, 2016, 11:38:05 AM »
Cutting vinyl and it started cutting too short (hitting the edge of the vinyl. Nobody here knows how to use it. Of course there is a job due this am.

I have in the past successfully started the cut at very close to the edge trying to save on wasted vinyl. This time, no go. It pulled the sheet in too short.  Started to cut then jammed the sheet behind the blade. I powered down, corrected the sheet (and thought that the sheet is loaded in the same location), but not it says (bad position) and I can't get it out of that.

Anyone use this cutter and know that issue?

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Roland GX cutter - bad position message.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 12:39:51 PM »
Got it somehow. Don't yet understand how/why, but got it.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 02:44:54 PM »
If it's a GX 24, I am well familiar with that error.

One of the drive rollers isn't exactly inside of "The White Zone" and I think re-positioning them will correct the problem.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 03:55:28 PM »
On the Graphtec, they are Blue Zones, and if one is running scraps, the media also has to hit the sensor eyes.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?