Author Topic: Gildan rebate  (Read 6208 times)

Online TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline farmboygraphics

Tees and Coffee

Offline bobbytshirt

Re: Gildan rebate
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 01:54:04 PM »
Yes, you have to enter each invoices separately. The online system was not create to make it easy to get the rebates, certainly not for hundreds of wholesale purchases. The site also crashes frequently. In this age of web ordering and data interchange, If Gildan really wanted to make it easy to pay the rebate they would have. Fruit of the Loom made the rebate reporting a bit easier than Gildan, accepting a total of 4 invoices per submission. When the next rebate rolls around I will give FOL all my business, but I will wait to see if I am actually paid all the rebate money.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:37:13 AM by bobbytshirt »

Offline bobbytshirt

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »
To follow up.. I received my FOL rebate with a check and a statement. Thank you Fruit of the Loom for processing my rebate perfectly and timely and making it easy to file the claim.

Nothing yet from Gildan, but I am expecting what I think will be a few hundred gift cards that I will need to activate.  Will see. I gave Gildan most of my rebate business last Fall,  but next time a rebate is offered from both FOL and Gildan,  I will go with FOL because they made it easier to get my rebate,  and paid timely with a check.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:46:50 AM by bobbytshirt »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 02:42:46 PM »
My Hanes came through quicker than they said it might.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline bobbytshirt

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2017, 05:06:44 PM »
After the 8 weeks came and went and no rebate,  I received this letter today. WHAT A JOKE. I have already been paid by fruit of the loom. Fruit made it easier and paid early.  I knew this was going to be a hassle.

"11 April 2017

Dear: robert,
I’m writing to provide you with an update on the status of your rebate claim(s) for
the Gildan Fall ’16 fleece program.
Unexpected issues beyond the control of Gildan Activewear Inc. have created
delays in processing your rebate claim(s).
We have now rectified these issues and are in the process of issuing and mailing
any outstanding payments. Within the next four weeks we expect to fully complete
this process.
Should you have any queries in the meantime, please feel free to contact our
customer service department at mygildan.help.4myrebate.com. We thank you
for your patience.
Sincerely,
Jeffrey Cooper
VP Marketing
GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC
NEWTON, CHRIST CHURCH, BB17047, BARBADOS
1 (877) 445-3265 FAX: (246) 421-"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:49:25 AM by bobbytshirt »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 05:46:47 PM »
After the 8 weeks came and went to be paid our high 4 figure rebate I received this letter today. WHAT A JOKE. I have already been paid by fruit of the loom. Fruit made it easier and paid early.

"11 April 2017

Dear: robert,
I’m writing to provide you with an update on the status of your rebate claim(s) for
the Gildan Fall ’16 fleece program.
Unexpected issues beyond the control of Gildan Activewear Inc. have created
delays in processing your rebate claim(s).
We have now rectified these issues and are in the process of issuing and mailing
any outstanding payments. Within the next four weeks we expect to fully complete
this process.
Should you have any queries in the meantime, please feel free to contact our
customer service department at mygildan.help.4myrebate.com. We thank you
for your patience.
Sincerely,
Jeffrey Cooper
VP Marketing
GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC
NEWTON, CHRIST CHURCH, BB17047, BARBADOS
1 (877) 445-3265 FAX: (246) 421-"

It's likely that the rebates are being handled by a third party who was either overwhelmed, or dropped the ball.
At least you are being kept in the loop.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline bobbytshirt

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 05:36:02 PM »
Frog wrote: "It's likely that the rebates are being handled by a third party who was either overwhelmed, or dropped the ball"

It's clear that these rebates are contracted to "4myrebate.com" and blaming the company they hired. 4myrebate had no BBB rating and have complaints posted all over the internet.  This was not a wholesale friendly rebate procedure and Gildan's marketing department had to know this. 1 out of 3 entries crashed and the system goes down frequently. I took a video log to document when it became clear to me that receiving the Gildan rebate as promised was not going to be easy.

Out of their control? Nope. If Gildan honestly wanted to fix the failure and make good on their promises, all they would have to do is take the rebate totals and mail all of us checks. That would have been easier than authoring a crafty delay letter blaming the problem something other than themselves.   Someone should file a claim with the federal trade commission.

Next time I am giving Fruit or Hanes the business if head to head rebates are offered again.

bobbytshirt
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:53:27 AM by bobbytshirt »