Author Topic: Vector apparel templates  (Read 2699 times)

Online Northland

Vector apparel templates
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:39:06 PM »
It's time for me to update the mock-ups that I send to customers.... I'm looking for vector art that has realistic looking clothing templates.
Any product suggestions ?
Thanks..

Offline Get Shirts

Vector apparel templates
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 11:10:20 PM »
Not exactly what you're looking for but S&S Activewear offers high res images of just about every style and color they offer.  Once you develop a system to pull those images, and build a library in your template, you can create stellar mockups. 

I have a feeling every vendor offers high res sample images if their products, I just personally find the S&S site very easy to pull from.

Offline TH Apparel

• Verified/Junior
Re: Vector apparel templates
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 08:25:22 AM »
check out vectorportal.com.  They have a bunch of free vector templates.
http://www.vectorportal.com/Templates/Garment-Clothing/

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 11:02:12 AM »
I also have moved to using the actual shirt images when I can. As Get Shirts suggested, most distributors should have these resources available.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 11:43:15 AM »
we just take the images off from the apparel websites as needed.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 11:52:21 AM »
Not exactly what you're looking for but S&S Activewear offers high res images of just about every style and color they offer.  Once you develop a system to pull those images, and build a library in your template, you can create stellar mockups. 

I have a feeling every vendor offers high res sample images if their products, I just personally find the S&S site very easy to pull from.
Same thing here.
S&S, each product page, click the color swatch, click the shirt for large version pop up and just copy and past directly into Illustrator. Front, backs and sleeves for pretty much every product.

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »
The downside to using the actual product images is that it's sometimes hard to get a shot of the back of the tee, or professional shots in all colors.  The Bella/Canvas site and AA offer line art of the garments, like this -
https://www.bellacanvas.com/live99/product/spec/2016_8806_US.pdf

That really helps for weirdly shaped items or when you can't find a shot of a tee in a new or odd color.  On the bella site you can get that by clicking 'download item specs' on each individual item. 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 01:39:25 PM »
Except that it can sometimes involve a lot of scrolling and page clicking (especially on styles with 40 colors), San Mar offers fronts and backs both flat and on models in their image library
I just wish that one could key in what they want rather than need to scroll through the whole style pile. (maybe I'm overlooking something)

I usually just go to the actual style page, and copy the desired image. Not high rez, but much quicker, and generally fine for the size I use on proofs.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 04:44:51 PM »
sometimes to make it faster i just take a snapshot , or drag and drop in customers older. I really do not download anything. takes too much time.

Online Northland

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 09:07:13 AM »
Thanks for the ideas.... I think I've found what I need at Advancedtshirts ( which is a sister site to AdvancedArtist).
Looks like I'll need to switch to Photoshop to get the wrinkled shirt look that I had in mnd.

http://www.advancedtshirts.com/free-stuff/tshirt-templates-comps.html
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:10:51 AM by Northland »

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 10:05:08 AM »
Making a Displacement Map in Photoshop, plenty of youtube vids for the technique, it's kinda fun to do...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't