Author Topic: Microshops let see your setup  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Microshops let see your setup
« on: December 01, 2016, 04:04:47 PM »
Micro shops, garage, basement shops let see your setup.

Getting ready to downsize from 1800 sq ft to a 400 sq ft garage and would love to see your setup and ingenuity.

Offline redwoodtees

Re: Microshops let see your setup
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 03:39:38 PM »
Here's a couple photos of my shop (160 sf). It's not very efficient, but we make it work. The exposure unit is hiding behind that pike of cardboard boxes. The cabinet below the white bench is a screen drying cabinet. The little door above the white bench is a pass-through to the washout station. We need more shelving / storage. And yes, we need to get the dryer vented.
There are a lot of "Just barely" dimensions. The door to the shop just barely opens without hitting the end of the dryer outfeed. The press just barely spins without the platens hitting the walls. The loader can just barely squeeze around the edge of the dryer to get into the loading station (far left corner of the room).
The largest job we have done is 500 shirts. That's probably about the max in terms of how many boxes of garments we can handle at one time (but I would not want to do more than that on a manual anyway).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:44:27 PM by redwoodtees »

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 09:06:39 AM »
Panoramic view of my mess. 360 square feet. Bathroom/washout area in the back at the left. To the right behind the dryer behing the louvered doors is 4' x 8' "room" for my exposure unit.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 09:33:21 AM »
Man, after seeing those pics, I'll never complain about the space we don't have again.  Those are really organized considering the room you don't have. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 09:41:28 AM »
The more room you have the more junk you collect at least that is what it seems like for us in our shop, nice use of space guys.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 11:00:44 AM »
Yeah, how about shops that stuffed their way into the feeling of a microshop?

we need to clean ours out for sure

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 01:19:44 PM »
I could do with a small folding table, and if I were gonna stay at this business much longer I'd get one. I pile my shirts on top of the dryer, have a couple of plastic bins to catch at the end, and if it's a 2-sided job, take the bin with the first print, stack it on top of a garbage can, and go at it.
Even so, I can lift one of the printheads on my press, slide the pallets in on the arms, and roll the press over against the far wall to the right and squeeze one or two motorcycles in. Can't print with 'em in there, though.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 02:20:43 PM »
Here's a couple photos of my shop (160 sf). It's not very efficient, but we make it work. The exposure unit is hiding behind that pike of cardboard boxes. The cabinet below the white bench is a screen drying cabinet. The little door above the white bench is a pass-through to the washout station. We need more shelving / storage. And yes, we need to get the dryer vented.
There are a lot of "Just barely" dimensions. The door to the shop just barely opens without hitting the end of the dryer outfeed. The press just barely spins without the platens hitting the walls. The loader can just barely squeeze around the edge of the dryer to get into the loading station (far left corner of the room).
The largest job we have done is 500 shirts. That's probably about the max in terms of how many boxes of garments we can handle at one time (but I would not want to do more than that on a manual anyway).

What dryer is that?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 02:21:41 PM »
My guess would be Workhorse 3011

Offline redwoodtees

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 02:30:14 PM »

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 03:06:19 PM »
Redwood you must be a tall cat, I see screens stacked pretty high and inks stored petty high at least it looks that way, but still very neat in your area
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 03:32:44 PM »
Redwood you must be a tall cat, I see screens stacked pretty high and inks stored petty high at least it looks that way, but still very neat in your area

Might be the reason for his forum handle. ;)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 06:34:02 PM »
Pretty awesome use of the space. I used to be in my basement which was 150sqft. Don't think I have any pictures of that but it was functional.

I'm in my first real rental space which is 2800 sqft and it is amazing. So much room, at least for now. I'll be filling it with junk in no time.

Offline redwoodtees

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 08:43:46 PM »
Redwood you must be a tall cat
When I first applied for a drivers license I asked my mom how tall I was. She said 5'10", so that's what I wrote. 30-odd years later, my wife is constantly making fun of me because I claim to be 5'10". It says so on my drivers license, so it must be true, right? Finally I make a bet with her and we measure.. Turns out I am like 5'8". I've been living a lie all these years. Thanks Mom!

In short (no pun intended), I use a ladder.