Author Topic: What are your chemicals/process for reclaiming S-Mesh  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
What are your chemicals/process for reclaiming S-Mesh
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:04:53 PM »
We have been thinking of making a few changes here in our reclaim loop and was wondering what are people using and how?

What hardware are you using to scrub the screens with as well?  We follow Murakami's advice and use natural sponges.

Let's hear ya work flow!

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: What are your chemicals/process for reclaiming S-Mesh
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 07:58:50 PM »
I still use the brushes with the handles.  I use envirowash ink remover and the same for stencil remover.  As far as the degreaser and stain remover, I use pink stuff.  I've been doing this for about 4 years now and I haven't had any problems.  I'm only one that ever reclaims so I haven't had one pop on me in about 4 months now and it was a a roller frame that mysteriously split in the rack but I think that had to do with me pushing the limits with the stretching.

As far as how, I remove the tape and brush the ink remover in on both sides then pressure wash them on both sides.  Then to the dip tank.  I pressure wash the stencil out and then immediately brush in the degreaser on both sides kind of aggressively followed by a good pressure washing on both sides.  I then flood rinse from top to bottom with the hand nozzle before it hits the rack. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 11:57:54 PM »
Gem-Zyme in the dip tank and some standard kitchen sponge for applying Envirohaze or for more stubborn stains CCI liquid renu-it.
I`ll let the haze remover dry over night, the result is a lot better then leaving it on for just 30 minutes.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 01:49:46 PM »
same as always.

Dip tank

remove emulsion, use the poly pro brushes from Zoro tools to apply the stain/haze remover

no degrease, just a really good flood rinse after stain/haze remover.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 04:06:08 PM »
Which stain/haze remover are you guys using?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 12:52:03 AM »
IR8 from Saati and a gel haze remover from Nazdar. I cant remember the name of that one. We were using 701 but ran out and we have been fine. We use the scrubby pads from Saati as well. It does not hurt the mesh unless you scrub the sh!t out of them.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 11:05:17 AM »
same as always.

Dip tank

remove emulsion, use the poly pro brushes from Zoro tools to apply the stain/haze remover

no degrease, just a really good flood rinse after stain/haze remover.

HOly crap John, they have ten million brushes, which ones, lol
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com