Author Topic: Our new presses! So, what did we get and why?  (Read 11611 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Our new presses! So, what did we get and why?
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2016, 03:12:24 PM »
I've had this conversations with Joe Clarke and disagree with him on what's the optimal pressure for printing on metal platens. The amount of pressure Danny used when I was at his shop is no different from what we are using now. I think he might be using single duro blades so they are bending more than anticipated (at least in the videos), but in the end, we can both run our presses at 1,000+ per hour and have both won our share of awards, so I am going to guess that the head design is not going to be a problem. If I though it was an issue, I would not have bought anything. let alone two presses!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2016, 03:29:32 PM »
Who gives a crap how other people print at there shops as long as they are making money for themselves, by now we all should know every shop is not the same.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 03:42:41 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2016, 03:38:59 PM »
Who gives a crap how other people print at there shops as long as they are making money for themselves, by now we all should know every shop is now the same.

^ werrrrrrrd
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2016, 03:43:45 PM »
Who gives a crap how other people print at there shops as long as they are making money for themselves, by now we all should know every shop is now the same.

^ werrrrrrrd

I meant NOT the same  ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 07:31:11 PM »

^ werrrrrrrd

I meant NOT the same  ;D

Lol, I didn't even catch that till now, I was agreeing with ya :D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2016, 09:40:05 AM »
There is some guy pushing ink through a gang of lawsons right now who's making so much money he's snorting coke off a hookers ass while his pet tiger is rolling in $100 bills.

He's happy. It's ok if we all pick different brands. It really is. As long as its not playtex.

Nice try but our Playtex which is not very old is around 700k impressions and still running like day one. We could toss it in the ocean for ballast and still have made our moneys worth of it and then some. Hell we originally bought a 6/8 and they upgraded us to a 8/10 for free, so it isn't as bad as you make it out to be.*

...and you don't have the sense of humor you should have ;)  Some of you need to lighten up. Seriously.

I thought this was a reference to tampons and people getting "emotional" but now I'm so confused. Or not...

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2016, 11:18:51 AM »
Big Blue seems to be losing traction with this group rapidly.... not so long ago many members were True Blue, then one by one started jumping ship even after getting free steak dinners... the green machine appears to be a disruptor for sure.

Sorry, not all of us... M&R has earned my business and will continue to do so. 

Also, I still believe that the SRoque print head design sucks.  Just about EVERY video I see, including those from Danny who calls me out, shows them printing with what I would consider more than optimal pressure... Those squeegees are far from straight up and down, and are bent over.

At the very least, I hope that M&R sees this, and starts to innovate themselves as well as lower the prices.

I'm also not really sure how Pierre is coming up with a 5% performance difference.  I've personally seen the M&R presses indexing at 3000+pcs/hr, and I know for a fact that the print heads can be sped up just by modifing the VFDs, although that speed up is really not necessary.

Also, Ryonet's stuff is mainly rebranded from others, and portrayed as "THE BEST EVER!" .. when they know it sucks.  Consider the relabeled IC ink garbage they've pushed for years.

My ideal print shop.. has an 8 color sporty, 14 color GT3, a 16 color MHM 4000/5000 (modified for 3 point reg) and a massive ROQ oval.. because each machine has it's pros and cons to match a style of printing. If all you do is put on blinders and wave your favorite colored pom poms you limit yourself. I don't like limits, I like to exploit weaknesses and push the boundaries.

Index at 3k.. ok.. what's the actual hourly rate as humans still load machines and can't do that everyday all day.

As for the Ryonet hate... Don't get what people see wrong with them.. jealousy maybe.. it's a beautiful business  model. Start small, support your custy and as you grow, they grow with you. Check out danny.. started with a manual press and Ryo supplies.. look where both of them are today.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2016, 12:14:18 PM »
Yeah Ryonet has definitely turned the corner. I tried some of their new ink and wasn't satisfied and wrote a 3 star review, less than 24 hours later I had an email and 2 phone calls, they wanted to come by and see what was up. Turned out it was my fault and I jumped the gun on the review but I was shocked at the quick response. Good on them! I wouldn't mind buying supplies from them but some of their prices are double and more than what I pay currently so it's hard to switch for me.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2016, 01:12:47 PM »
I wouldn't mind buying supplies from them but some of their prices are double and more than what I pay currently so it's hard to switch for me.

Everything is negotiable.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2016, 01:48:55 PM »
Congrats! Can the printheads on the roq4you be configured in any order you want? I imagine keeping station 2 and 5 open is the most common?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2016, 06:50:24 PM »
Congrats! Can the printheads on the roq4you be configured in any order you want? I imagine keeping station 2 and 5 open is the most common?

Yes and yes.

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »
Congratulations on your new equipment. Best of luck on your new shops endeavors.

Murphy

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2016, 09:25:10 PM »
Wow guys. I leave for 3 days, 3 days and now all hell has broken loose! Looks like posts got deleted, which makes the whole thing hard to follow...

Sounds like the Lawson guys are doing blow off young ladies derrières(explains where their R& D funding went), big barney is Mr. Hoffman's new BFF, and Wilflex is filling their containers with Behr interior paint, everything when to shambles! From the looks of it I say we blame Darryl, always starting trouble that one!  ;D

Congrats Pierre, sure is a step up from that XpresScreen setup you have going on now....  ;D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 03:16:57 PM by TCT »
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »
few posts got deleted by Dan as this was heading into a discussion about another manufacturer. This thread was about our new presses and our experiences.
Thank you for all the well wishing. I'll keep you posted as we install and start running. There is a lot of work to be done, new electric drops, 2nd compressor and more air lines, dryer upgrade and so on.

pierre

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2016, 11:17:18 AM »
P, Glad to see that you will now have the capacity to handle the work more easily and now take on even more. Whatever the brand, It makes life easier and now you can grow.

As has always been, any person, can speak of their experiences with any product on here (always), be it good/bad, Pro/Anti. Just keep it polite/professional.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850