Author Topic: Win10 and CS4  (Read 1477 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Win10 and CS4
« on: October 25, 2016, 08:19:58 PM »
  Hey guys, got a friend that just bought a new windows system which is 10 OS and then bought CS4 off ebay and is having trouble getting it to load, said the first copy he bought and tried to installed said the code/serial numbers where expired, never heard that before.  Any of you running cs4 on win 10 had this problem if so what did you have to do to get it to load and work.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Win10 and CS4
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:20:53 PM »
May have to select the app install program and run as administrater to install properly.  Win10 has been giving many program installs the same issue. Run as Admin has been the resolve in most cases. 
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 11:03:45 PM »
its an old program..
Better off running Windows 7 Pro
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Squeegie

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 03:48:43 PM »
Well, since Adobe lists the CS4 Windows system requirements as XP or Vista, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it is not compatible with Win10.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 04:04:43 PM »
As Dan mentioned, running as Admin may solve the issue.  If not, you can also try Windows compatibility mode.  Here's some info and a graphic from another website on how to do that:

Windows includes compatibility settings that can make old applications functional. To access these, right-click an application’s shortcut or .exe file and select Properties. In Windows 10’s Start menu, right-click a shortcut, select “Open file location”, and then right-click the shortcut and select “Properties”. Click over the Compatibility tab. You can click the “Use the compatibility troubleshooter” button for a wizard interface or just adjust the options yourself.

For example, if an application doesn’t run properly on Windows 10 but did run properly on Windows XP. click the “Run this program in compatibility mode” for checkbox and select “Windows XP (Service Pack 3)”.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Squeegie

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 06:52:09 PM »
Even though they make this sound like the magic answer...I have had very little success running software in compatibility mode. Sometimes I would get the software to run but with glitches.
I did however, have reasonable success when they offered the Virtual XP mode. Not sure Win10 has that.