Author Topic: How do I sep this?  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
How do I sep this?
« on: September 29, 2016, 03:42:48 PM »
Just received an order with this design on 275 shirts. Not quite sure how I should print it.

Design is going on heather grey t-shirts. I used an older version of quik seps and was able to get it down to a 5 color using the sim. process function. Really not too sure if this qualifies for sim process. Colors I ended up with were: White UB, Yellow, Blue, Red, and black. Wasn't sure if that would be accurate since the text is orange. I don't have to much experience with doing artwork like this or printing wet on wet so I wasn't sure if the 2 colors would just mix to make the orange.

Any advice on how to go about separating this would be appreciated. Not sure what the going rate is for something like this to get separated professionally, but if anyone can help me out please let me know and we can discuss pricing privately.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:44:54 PM by Nation03 »

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: How do I sep this?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 04:07:11 PM »
I sent you a PM. I will email you also.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 04:24:31 PM »
Thanks Dan!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 06:02:07 PM »
I see base, orange, brown, black, top white, gray (this could be used as the underbase as well depending on the shade you use)

Heather shirt is going to be the biggest challenge in having this look good in my opinion.  Having multiple grays in the background of the top image and the continents in the bottom fading into the heather are going to look weird.  I would maybe make all of the light gray areas white and the other grays a darker gray.  You could print your black first and use it as a halftone base under the orange and gray/white to make different tones and maybe even get rid of the brown, but that may lose some of the detail later on the bird and the lettering.