Author Topic: BOOM! The axe has fallen after not even two weeks.  (Read 6472 times)

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: BOOM! The axe has fallen after not even two weeks.
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2016, 05:25:09 PM »
Yes ............finishing up the details but Tuscaloosa. Brand new facility. I handled their contract work so there is history. Stressed out about the move but that will be short lived
Good on ya!  Roll Tide!!!
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 06:32:55 PM »
Yes ............finishing up the details but Tuscaloosa. Brand new facility. I handled their contract work so there is history. Stressed out about the move but that will be short lived

Nice!
That used to be my favorite part.. the move to something totally new
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 06:36:55 PM »

Nice!
That used to be my favorite part.. the move to something totally new

Yea, that was cool for me too. Just a couple weeks ago. Wah wah waaaa. Badda Bing!

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Squeegie

• !!!
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 08:36:41 PM »
Sorry to hear this Dan. 
I don't understand any shop owner hiring a new employee to help make things better and then let the stubborn staff members dictate the business decisions. 
If I implemented a new manager and my shift leaders squawked and basically refused to make the changes suggested, I would have to fire them and move forward without them.
It is easy to find a press operator...especially with a "chief" on board that knows his or her stuff.

Hope you can get that order they have in house taken care of quickly.   ;)

Best of luck Dan.  Don't hesitate to ask if you need help.

Bill

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 10:17:35 PM »
just wondering why being "High end" has to exclude being "focused on numbers" and vise versa . In the end is just about  implementing a few changes, getting everyone used to these changes,  but then the overall process stays the same. Unless they don`t trust their team to step up to the plate.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 10:31:02 PM »
Thanks Sonny. And a very very thanks to Dave AKA Barth Gimble. The support here is unmeasureable.
And again best to Dan. Many people of talent in this industry go through this. Domestically I believe that there is less understanding of the artesianship that goes behind what we do. It aint as easy as it might look

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2016, 08:59:05 PM »
ok, so one guy (who's been a known nusence to me)  just tried to post and ruin my day about getting fired making light of it, trying to get at Dot-Tone-Dan and knock me down a few pegs.

Let no one be confused and let me just say that I am first and foremost ok with all of this.  I'll own it.

Yes, I wanted the job. Yes, it would have been a great opportunity to be able to turn them around to something bigger and better, but it wasn't to be. I was not fired for lacking anything. I was fired because it was found (after being hired), that my goals weren't going to work out for the owner and where he needed to be. I understand where he is coming from. Just wish he had known that before he hired me.

That's his choice and he's the owner. He can do that. Sad for me, it kind of hurts to be put in this situation, but like we all know, I'll do just fine anyways. Still, would have been nice to have had it all work out. But it didn't. So I move on.

I did my job, did it well and put out some of the best seps this Co. Has seen in a long time. Jobs can come and go but your integrity cannot. I'm ok with the outcome and so is he.

Nuff said.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850