Author Topic: Folding Hoodies  (Read 971 times)

Offline Wildcard

• !!!
Folding Hoodies
« on: September 11, 2016, 05:53:13 AM »
Just interested if any of the gurus here have tips and tricks around managing and folding hoodies?

I have very limited space in my shop and to handle 200+ hoodies, with extra tables set up to cope, it gets really hard to manage the big piles of arms and hoods hanging everywhere. Especially in between front and back prints trying to move around is tricky.

Getting them folded back in the boxes is not difficult as such, but takes a lot longer than I would like and would greatly appreciate any techniques for efficiency and for getting them packed really well for shipping.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Folding Hoodies
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 11:11:52 AM »
Other than fold in bundles of 3 (keeps them flatter) for boxing, I know of no real tricks to handle 4-5 stacks of sweats and their sleeves....  If you are worried about hitting ink or dust - maybe try draping a sheet over them?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Wildcard

• !!!
Re: Folding Hoodies
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 04:31:04 PM »
Mostly concerned about space issues and efficiency through the job. It felt like I spent more time moving, stacking and folding hoods than I did actually printing.   I went way over budget on production time for this job in particular because of handling the garments around my cramped space.