Author Topic: some sad news  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
some sad news
« on: September 12, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »
Today we found out that the sweet yellow lab, Emma Lee, that has been here every day since she was 8 weeks old, passed away over the weekend, she was a little shy of 13 years. We will miss her like crazy, but her owner and her husband, as sad as they are, have already started the search for another. That means that we will do it all over again, and that's fine with me, I had a pretty special friendship with Emma...

Steve

I know you all understand, there have been a few shop dog memorials here, thanks for that.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: some sad news
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 03:06:01 PM »
so sorry to hear that... it's never easy, and they're on this world for such a short time.

our pups are our kids, and are always at the shop with us too.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »
Oh man, so sorry to hear.  It's VERY tough. I lost my dalmation years back and still think about that great dog. Now, I have my shepard who's about 12 yrs old now and he's looking rough.

I feel for ya.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 07:08:38 PM »
Really sorry to hear that.  We've got a dog from the pound that has really helped with the empty house syndrome.  I don't care what kind of bad day I have, when I get home she puts a smile on my face when I look at her with a ball in her mouth wanting me to throw it.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 07:28:10 PM »
Sorry to hear it, but, as repeat offenders, my wife and I well know the score every time we go into this. Feel blessed that 13 is about right for that size dog, and she was not snatched away early by some cruel twist of fate.

We can not figure how we lasted the year between the passing of our last of six shepherds to adopting Charlie, our Rhodesian Ridgeback.
Dog people get it though.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 08:30:41 PM »
I am so sorry. And a lab at that. I think I love labs more than myself. My best girl Patty passed at 15 going on two years ago and now Gator will be 15 next year. And he is starting to show the signs. I am so sorry. Always devastating. When Gator moves on to the big dog park I keep saying I can't do it again but we will see. I am a sucker for those faces and tails wagging. Always there for you. Hang in there!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 08:37:25 PM »
That sux, I had a chocolate that I got at 6 weeks old.  He died of cancer at age 12, killed me, I still get teared up if I think about him..
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 10:27:08 PM »
Sorry to hear. Dogs > People

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 10:34:01 PM »
Ain't nothing like having a dog you love, i miss my old dog Major, raised the little dude from a pup, sorry for you all's lost :(
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!