Author Topic: Our Gorilla Grip II issues  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Our Gorilla Grip II issues
« on: August 07, 2016, 06:57:58 PM »
Take a look at these photos and let me know what you think please. Honestly I have no understanding of why this is happening, all our locally bought cutting sheet performs great but the Stahls Gorilla Grip II looks like this after the wash. The distributer here came up with all sorts of excuses saying that the cutting sheet might have absorbed too much moisture over time, well that would be in their warehouse right. We used it right after we have received it and the results are shambolic.
I`ll get in touch with the guys at Stahls too but wanted to get some feedback here first.

Offline farmboygraphics

Re: Our Gorilla Grip II issues
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 06:52:01 AM »
I'm not familiar with the product so I'm just going from what I know about what we use (eco-film from Imprintables), but at first glance it looks like these aren't going to stay on much longer. For me these should all look like the top of the #4 where the material has really gotten a hold of the shirt. I've never heard of moisture getting into the material. Maybe even check the temp on your heat press and make sure you've got good heat over the entire surface.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 08:56:13 AM »
What material are the shirts made out of?

Knowing nothing of gorilla grip, my first thought like Farmboy, was about the materials grip on the fabric.  There was a lot of poly some years ago that NOTHING would stick to......
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 03:22:26 PM »
to me that doesn't look like gorilla grip, more like a Siser thickness material, the Gorilla grip I get is very similar to the regular thermofilm but supposed to be better, its almost plank like and is very stiff , I don't ever see the little ripley edge I can see in your pic. That does happen with the Siser thin film?