Author Topic: Question for garage printers  (Read 1472 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Question for garage printers
« on: October 25, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »
Ok so I have been printing in my basement for almost 2 years now but I am getting a lot of work and I am concerned about all the chemicals  and fumes in the house, so the "press room" is moving out to the garage. I am leveling off the floor, insulating the walls , running a new electric line and adding lighting and outlets as well as a heat source. Polishing the proverbial turd if you will.  I will be leaving the water inside for now and have a small area for the screens still in the house (wash out booth and burning). My question to all the garage printers what is one thing you have set up in your garage that you cannot live without or that has saved you time, money or made your life easier?  I am thinking retractable power cords for instance. This will be a two week project but figure if you guys have ideas it would be easier to do it now then later. Let me know any ideas and many thanks. 
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Question for garage printers
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:27:14 PM »
Ok so I have been printing in my basement for almost 2 years now but I am getting a lot of work and I am concerned about all the chemicals  and fumes in the house, so the "press room" is moving out to the garage. I am leveling off the floor, insulating the walls , running a new electric line and adding lighting and outlets as well as a heat source. Polishing the proverbial turd if you will.  I will be leaving the water inside for now and have a small area for the screens still in the house (wash out booth and burning). My question to all the garage printers what is one thing you have set up in your garage that you cannot live without or that has saved you time, money or made your life easier?  I am thinking retractable power cords for instance. This will be a two week project but figure if you guys have ideas it would be easier to do it now then later. Let me know any ideas and many thanks.

You want to get the chems and fumes out of your house but your still going to be cleaning screens inside the house? The smelliest process I deal with other than curing 50/50 apparel is cleaning screens. Even the soy based stuff has a fishy odor to it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:29:34 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »
The dip tank and dehaze is not so bad, I have a vent right there, we were getting a lot of smell from the curing and press clean/ screen opener.  After winter I will run a water line out there but need to figure out what to do with the waste water. 
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 09:12:40 PM »
i would really suggest getting your water out to the garage asap. even if its just a wash sink for now.    I print out of my garage and i put in a bathroom out there. that was the best thing i ever did.  i heat my garage with a wood pellet stove.  heats it up great.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.