Author Topic: finished 1200 imprints on the manual  (Read 5188 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Re: finished 1200 imprints on the manual
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 06:52:10 PM »
Last year we did 2300 on a manual press 1200 were one color two sides the rest were one color one side. It was a LOOONG weekend. averaged about 82 shirts an hour, cured with flash dryers. I actually lost 11 lbs that weekend. Now I would just contract it out. We still refer to it as the epic shirt weekend. 
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 07:31:42 PM »
Last year we did 2300 on a manual press 1200 were one color two sides the rest were one color one side. It was a LOOONG weekend. averaged about 82 shirts an hour, cured with flash dryers. I actually lost 11 lbs that weekend. Now I would just contract it out. We still refer to it as the epic shirt weekend.

No thanks! Cured 300 shirts with a flash dryer once, not fun!

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 07:39:24 PM »
It sucked big time. the wife did nothing but load unload dryers all day while I printed.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline DILLON

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 10:07:35 PM »
I had a 750 2/2 job a few months ago, cured with flash, by myself afterhours from my day job. I was like screw this! I'm glad to have gotten my new (to me) dryer...

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 07:58:41 AM »
when I first started, I cured 100 hoodies in my oven. . .in my house. . bake @ 350 til she smoked a bit . . . put some toll house on the bottom rack. . . good times.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
I'm almost done with that 1100 piece order. Doing it by myself and I'm starting to drive myself nuts lol. I take breaks in between which helps. I quit drinking which is suppose to be a good thing but I'm going nuts!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 12:06:42 PM »
when I first started, I cured 100 hoodies in my oven. . .in my house. . bake @ 350 til she smoked a bit . . . put some toll house on the bottom rack. . . good times.

I thought I was the only nut to ever dry prints in the oven and mine were printed with waterbase inks LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 12:40:57 PM »
Endless, Did you do them on the workhorse?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
Gilligan, Brad, and anyone else wondering where the next couple of posts went. They were split and moved to Screen Printing Pricing, because they were discussing...that's right...Screen Printing Pricing.

http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php?topic=1847.msg19401#new
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 11:44:00 PM »
Fair enough... my bad.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 08:03:57 AM »
sorry

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 08:26:51 AM »
Gilligan, Brad, and anyone else wondering where the next couple of posts went. They were split and moved to Screen Printing Pricing, because they were discussing...that's right...Screen Printing Pricing.

http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php?topic=1847.msg19401#new

Good job Frog. ( Dan pats Frog on his wet cold blooded back).
Keep a eye on those suckers. POLICE the area! POLICE the area! use mace if you have to, just try not to hit any kids in the eyes or it'le be all over the Internet.

Seriously,  Frog really does a great job at keeping things where they need to be. We needed that diligence all along on all of the other boards. Real pat on back!

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 08:30:18 AM »
He does, but I have a hard time know where the visible boards are.  I was poking around for them the other day, is there a place we can list what isn't visible to the public?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »
He does, but I have a hard time know where the visible boards are.  I was poking around for them the other day, is there a place we can list what isn't visible to the public?

A posted list could be helpful (if folks read) but in the meantime;

For the most part, especially for those with industry forum experience, it's pretty much common sense.
All of the Pricing boards (Screen Printing, Art, Heat Seal & Embroidery's child boards,)  require established membership, as does the Garment Blanks and Other Things locator board, and the entire Business category.
Also, as membership incentive, keeping things a little special for active members, the Internet Art Resources List, and donated Art for Free board.

Member to Member Services should be self-explanatory.

These Boards are all mentioned as "member only" in their descriptions, but agreed , it's not, " in your face", and of course, besides in posts like this, they are not even brought to the attention of guests or even brand new members.

Perhaps that can be remedied if deemed important.

Don't forget to check out our October contest entries and vote!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:45:22 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 11:43:19 AM »
You know Dan... I didn't even think of the parallel... I just accepted I got off topic and posted information that didn't belong here and got reminded of it.

Over and out... no problem.

But it is comical that some people have such problems with it and act like I'm a jerk for asking for the same treatment that I just got.  Again, not complaining because my treatment was rational and perfectly acceptable even in the grey area I was treading in vs how some people violate those lines.

Dan is right... great job Andy!