Author Topic: Need emergency help!  (Read 2484 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Need emergency help!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 02:36:20 PM »
Actually it is not easier. It is much much worse. It creates virtual ports etc.

Finally talked to a tech and it was a waste of time. At this point every time I restart windows all new ports and printers are created, the ports get all confused, i lose advanced printing options so I cannot set correct film size on and on. I am left to using PDF exports through Corel and importing into FM, very day i have to delete all the extra printers and juggle the ports around till I find the one that FM works with. Its a massive hassle and totally uncalled for. Windows decided to do something against my interests all on its own and now I am stuck with this pain. On top of that my software for the plotter is not working either, i am getting unable to speak to the plotter errors. Not a single thing ever has changed or been touched with that software but windows knows whats best I guess. And to ice the cake something is causing massive memory leaks and I am forced to reboot constantly just to be able to operate 386-486 level woohoo.

Ditching the MAC BTW, going to look at other RIPS or see what kind of deal I can get through Fast Rip. Still have our first copy of FR which we upgraded to FM when Fresner went under, nope might go right back to Fresner lol.

"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »
Maybe a silly question, but do you need FM for all output? Can you at least lessen the burden with some jobs and just output directly from your art program to your printer?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 03:08:35 PM »
You can just wont be as dark usually.
Shane

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 03:53:21 PM »
You can just wont be as dark usually.
Shane

I guess that that is a lot dependent on each printer's optimum settings for that.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 05:11:58 PM »
What i have found is ok not great in density of the black. Without a rip. With its great.
Shane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk