Author Topic: help fixing jackets  (Read 827 times)

Offline Croft

help fixing jackets
« on: June 28, 2016, 03:13:58 PM »
Having a problem with some jackets , ironed a digital print on some red jackets its the SISER brand of digital print material but they have colour bled really bad.

Any suggestions on fixing it is a simple design so can get covered with another transfer but not sure what to do ? lower temp and time ? or ? any help would be appreciated

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: help fixing jackets
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 03:54:11 PM »
Someone makes these for me, and when I was putting some on some Ballistic Nylon and Polyester bags, they used Supertek Sublistop. I don't know who makes it but it has a black back to block this "bleeding".
At any rate, I had to remove one that went on crooked, and it came off fine. I assume that you do have to keep the chemicals away from the actual print to prevent the transfer inks from running onto the garment and ruining it that way though.

Otherwise, the usual transfers (I don't know what brand) also say that they are fine on Poly but do suggest lowering the temp slightly.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Audifox

Re: help fixing jackets
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 01:41:41 PM »
Someone makes these for me, and when I was putting some on some Ballistic Nylon and Polyester bags, they used Supertek Sublistop. I don't know who makes it but it has a black back to block this "bleeding".
At any rate, I had to remove one that went on crooked, and it came off fine. I assume that you do have to keep the chemicals away from the actual print to prevent the transfer inks from running onto the garment and ruining it that way though.

Otherwise, the usual transfers (I don't know what brand) also say that they are fine on Poly but do suggest lowering the temp slightly.

It is a Stahl's product