Author Topic: T-Shirt Design Lab for website  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: T-Shirt Design Lab for website
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 10:36:44 AM »
I don't think you can embed the free version of inksoft from Broder, you can only use it on the alphabroder website. I had to pay for the 'studio' version of inksoft to embed it directly on my website. Had it for a couple of weeks now. Getting a decent response. Picked up an order on it this week. Hoping it catches on enough to at least cover the $100/month.

I may need to pick your brain at some point. I've had it for a while with very minimal activity.

Right now I am actually trying to utilize the "business tools" section for my shop management software to justify the $100/month.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no genius with this stuff and I'm not getting as much action as I'd like. One thing I wish they changed on the studio version is the ability for the clients to just submit the art without creating an account. I feel like that scares some people off because they think I'm going to spam them with e-mails. Hopefully they do a software update down the road to change this.

But if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them. I haven't messed with the business tools in the admin portal that much but I'm hoping I find some uses for it.

Since I do mostly local work, I think my next plan is to make a bunch of custom design templates using the surrounding town's names and school names to help entice them. I'm also using Adwords to direct people to the design studio, but I'm having mixed results.

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 01:16:43 PM »
This is not exactly what you are looking for, it is another option. Go to www.artworksource.com, they have a "Layout Lab". Never looked into it. It is not free. I use them for digitzing and vector work.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 01:23:46 PM »
It appears to be designed for decorators to design with templates and clipart, and then share with clients for approval. I don't think that is is end-user stuff embedded on his site like he is looking for.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »
It is available if you set up a custom catalog website through alpha.

The link is on every item, "Customizer with inksoft" you need to turn it on in your custom website settings. Your customer just needs to get to an item before they can get to it. Kind of sucks to have it like that, but I am about to add a nice note to our company banner about it. It definitely works for your customers, it's not just for us.

The custom websites through alpha can be set up under the marketing engine. Just make sure you click yes, "Enable InkSoft Design Studio".  ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 02:10:06 PM by TheGhost »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 02:35:49 PM »

The link is on every item, "Customizer with inksoft" you need to turn it on in your custom website settings. Your customer just needs to get to an item before they can get to it. Kind of sucks to have it like that, but I am about to add a nice note to our company banner about it. It definitely works for your customers, it's not just for us.

The custom websites through alpha can be set up under the marketing engine. Just make sure you click yes, "Enable InkSoft Design Studio".  ;D
My comment was in response to the Layout Lab from Artworksource.

It appears that both AlphaBroderandSoOnandSoForth and San Mar's design software add-ons are designed to work only on sites through them, but apparently one can link to this catalog site through a conventional site.

Interested to see how San Mar's own independently developed software performs compared with the Inksoft offering from Alpha.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 05:02:24 PM »

The Alpha version gives you a smaller selection of what they paid subscription does. That said, I am intrigued and feel like I am getting even less for what I'm paying for...I'm now wondering if I can make the Alpha version work.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 09:17:08 AM »

The Alpha version gives you a smaller selection of what they paid subscription does. That said, I am intrigued and feel like I am getting even less for what I'm paying for...I'm now wondering if I can make the Alpha version work.

I fixed mine up now. Instead of linking to alpha's catalog, I just link directly to the shirt designer section of my custom site for a G5000 in white (they can change the garment etc from the designer). Super easy, customer can add their art etc, fill out a quote form and send it off to me. It has my little logo in the corner and enough info on the other pages to make someone feel ok putting in their information.