Author Topic: Building a website  (Read 1790 times)

Offline JoppaMill

• Verified/Junior
  • I have not arrived
Building a website
« on: June 06, 2016, 01:52:09 PM »
After doing mostly local work, just to be able keep tabs on my work, I am finally comfortable enough to start offer my services on the web. Are there any website builders like Wix for screen printing businesses? Or would it be better to use a contractor? If so do any of you know of any good/reasonable site builder contractors out there? Thanks for any help.
Each year, over two billion t-shirts are sold worldwide!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Building a website
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »
partial to wordpress myself.  plenty of easy to edit responsive themes out there and youtube tutorials etc.  No need to understand even a line of code and get something up and running.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 07:39:22 AM »
wix is super easy.

Offline Hey Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 07:50:55 AM »
Squarespace Hands down. So may integrations, large community, great templates. Flexibility for generating lead pages, ecommerce if you need it

Offline SEPSINK

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 10:43:40 AM »
Squarespace is great. My girlfriend is a wizard with building them, PM if you want her contact and she could help you set one up.

www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 11:55:46 AM »
We're building our new site on Squarespace as well.  Started it ourselves, but now we're having it fully built out by someone on fiverr.com for a great price.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline JoppaMill

• Verified/Junior
  • I have not arrived
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 07:23:19 AM »
Thanks for all the points of direction. I have used Wix. The Squarespace site looks very promising. I REALLY like that 2% transaction fee. Do any of you know if there is a t-shirt builder that can be integrated into Squarespace? Thanks for all the help so far.
Each year, over two billion t-shirts are sold worldwide!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 07:29:51 AM »
We use Squarespace and have had a ton of complements. You can drop in pretty much any shirt builder, problem is finding one you like....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 07:35:20 AM »
Weebly stepped their game up over the last few years. That's what I use now. It isn't the fanciest of websites, but it is clean and functional. Super easy to use and you can customize the mobile optimized page to look a little different from the desktop page which is cool, especially since, according to my adwords campaigns, almost 100% of the people looking at my website are on their phones.

My next step is going to be making an app people can download, seems to be the way things are going these days.