Author Topic: how would you center this  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
how would you center this
« on: October 21, 2011, 04:10:26 PM »
Every once is awhile the small things trips me up, this is one of them... should I center the words or the whole image?
(image deleted)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:35:50 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: how would you center this
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:27:42 PM »
If I were doing it, and the customer gave no input, I'd center the words, ignore what's hanging off the top
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:28:18 PM »
Something like that I would place the film on the shirt and eyeball it....
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline prozyan

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 04:34:24 PM »
If I were doing it, and the customer gave no input, I'd center the words, ignore what's hanging off the top

What I would do as well.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
Alright cool thanks guys!

Deleting my image now incase some wandering local eyes are leerking, its one of my bread and butter customer.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »
I had a tail out on a design the other day. A Bandit Mascot logo. A very odd looking thing that had almost 1/3rd of the design hanging out that was a handkerchief thing.  I centered it with the bulk or weight of the art (being the head). The tail thing lay out on the far left side near under the left chest print area.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 05:20:06 PM »
I usually center to the text or what catches the eyes center if that makes sense...
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 05:26:41 PM »
Every once is awhile the small things trips me up, this is one of them... should I center the words or the whole image?
(image deleted)

I had this post writen up and never hit post...

There is 2 ways to center things.

TRUE CENTER: center from the left and right points of the object. Any program can do this for you.

VISUAL CENTER: This is centering by trained eye. You have to make sure it looks right. It has to do with weight of the object. It’s like a old weight scale. You have to get the same amount of object on each side. Once it is balanced that point is your center.  If you have like on this object a thin line that comes off one side then ignore it just center the largest body of the design. It will never be true center. I like to take a job like this and place it on a shirt mockup and then work on center. It makes it a little easier. Before you print the shirts always have the client see the mock up and approve the design and also the placement, it can save you thousands.