Author Topic: In need of a design  (Read 2913 times)

Offline mvaughn1221

In need of a design
« on: June 01, 2016, 07:23:34 PM »
Hey guys I'm looking for a shirt design for a car show. I do not have time to design it myself and was wondering if anyone here has a design or willing to quote me on one. I would like for it to have a mustang, camero and a truck in the design, I will be using a 4 color manual press printing on a heather gray shirt. Hope someone can help me

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Re: In need of a design
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 11:30:44 PM »
Depending on how fast you need it, and your budget, check out Graphicdisorder on the board and their site. Very nicely done art right there. They could probably get something done for you.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »
beware though, that Mustang and Camaro are copyrighted and trademarked and you need a license to print them legally. If working for a big show contact them as they might have the licensing rights, if it's a smaller gathering think hot rods or generic car designs (which are usually modifications of the actual cars so you might be able to find something resembling the Mustang and Camaro you are looking for).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 04:07:53 PM »
Check out bad bonz designs , beautiful work...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mvaughn1221

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 04:13:39 PM »
thank you guys, and I didn't even think about those cars being copyright.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »
thank you guys, and I didn't even think about those cars being copyright.

Neither do dozens of artists.
A few years back, on another forum with a huge artist contingent, I raised quite a ruckus bringing up that point, learned while working at a shop specializing in car shirts.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 05:14:35 PM »
Check out bad bonz designs , beautiful work...

Steve

This...We have a great artist, but if we need something quick we love using them.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 10:22:42 PM »
beware though, that Mustang and Camaro are copyrighted and trademarked and you need a license to print them legally. If working for a big show contact them as they might have the licensing rights, if it's a smaller gathering think hot rods or generic car designs (which are usually modifications of the actual cars so you might be able to find something resembling the Mustang and Camaro you are looking for).

pierre

I tagged onto the conversation about FORD and the use of the Logo's on the subject that Frog is talking about below.
You can use their cars but they don't want any of the emblems on them. Ford logo, specific models etc.  But i do remember that initially, the subject started over a calendar a small car club wanted to produce and sell.

At some point, someone contacted FORD to get the scoop. A name was given to contact in their legal department.
Their stance was that they don't want to prohibit car enthusiast from creating calendars or any art for that matter of their vehicles. They just take the stance of not permitting the use of their logo on anything without a license simply for the fact that they want to be aware of what it's going on and approve the use to the integrity of their intellectual property.

I contacted said FORD lawyer myself and spoke to him on the phone. and it was confirmed that I could if I desired, create stock art used for tee shirts and sell them without a license as long as I didn't use the logo's on the art/car.  I had asked about the gray areas of indicating a potion of a logo and was told that I could "hint" or indicate somewhat of a logo e.g. (blurred).

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 07:18:52 AM »

pierre

hmmm, how old is your information? I heard that over the last 5 years or so they are clamping down and allowing less now. . .

pierre

I tagged onto the conversation about FORD and the use of the Logo's on the subject that Frog is talking about below.
You can use their cars but they don't want any of the emblems on them. Ford logo, specific models etc.  But i do remember that initially, the subject started over a calendar a small car club wanted to produce and sell.

At some point, someone contacted FORD to get the scoop. A name was given to contact in their legal department.
Their stance was that they don't want to prohibit car enthusiast from creating calendars or any art for that matter of their vehicles. They just take the stance of not permitting the use of their logo on anything without a license simply for the fact that they want to be aware of what it's going on and approve the use to the integrity of their intellectual property.

I contacted said FORD lawyer myself and spoke to him on the phone. and it was confirmed that I could if I desired, create stock art used for tee shirts and sell them without a license as long as I didn't use the logo's on the art/car.  I had asked about the gray areas of indicating a potion of a logo and was told that I could "hint" or indicate somewhat of a logo e.g. (blurred).
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 08:33:02 AM »
info, maybe 7-10 years?  But that sprig in info shouldn't change all that much.
Im sure they are claming down on those who don't even think about the use of the logo on the art.

Should be good to blur the logo to the point it's there, but not recognizable. The trick is to not make it look out of place.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mvaughn1221

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 09:43:29 AM »
Thank you Dottonedan for the information, I have put in a call to Ford to get the scoop so that I can have something on file just in case something goes south I can have proof of the matter, as soon as get the information back I will post it here so that others can see and print. So far this site has so much value information for newbies like me.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 03:11:21 AM »
Do,any if you know of a place like Bad Bonz Designs at does animals?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il