Author Topic: RUMOR ALERT : Joe Clarke Ink Transfer Workshop at Mind's Eye Graphics  (Read 3113 times)

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
I am starting & confirming a rumor that Joe Clarke will be mentoring a hands on, get your fingers inky Ink Transfer Workshop at Mind's Eye Graphics in Decatur IN in the near future.  Still working on details but this is likely to be a sell out as we want to insure all participants get maximum value for their time.

No registration details yet, but soon.......
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
So, is this about ink transfers, or the transfer of ink from screen to shirt?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GKitson

So, is this about ink transfers, or the transfer of ink from screen to shirt?

GREAT question?  However you answered it yourself.

Joe will be educating participants about the transfer of ink from screen to substrate.

Keep the questions coming.

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Heck, as some can attest, even transferring it from the bucket to the screen can have its own quirks.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
how nerdy is this going to get? can we have some formulas and microscope pictures? vector diagrams?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Just the title alone makes me excited/nervous! Provided it is gonna happen this year, my wife won't be giving birth this time and I'll make it!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Intrigued... And much more interested in the hands on experience than I would be on the theory and science side of things.  No offense, Pierre.   ;D
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline GKitson

how nerdy is this going to get? can we have some formulas and microscope pictures? vector diagrams?

pierre

Joe is the presenter, your head will hurt from the amount of data available.
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Joe Clarke

• Verified/Junior
Intrigued... And much more interested in the hands on experience than I would be on the theory and science side of things.  No offense, Pierre.   ;D

This is not going to be math or science class, I will have done the math and science long before anyone arrives at MEG. To the contrary the session will be a how-to approach for constructing a “pump” in which the individual elements work together to transfer the main component—the ink. The principles [not theories] which we will explain and discuss are not common knowledge but they are common sense so each attendee can return to their garage, shop, plant or home planet and immediately implement the new found approach.

Part and parcel to the challenges and complexity of screen, we have an uncommon chance to increase our value proposition via manufacturing. We mavericks are allowed / forced to engineer, select, sub-assemble, combine, create and clone and there are a countless number of ways to take each step. What makes screen-printing difficult is the individual elements may each be top quality but they are rarely compatible. We've changed that!

As for what we will talk about the attendees will steer the focus; some will come to Ft. Wayne to ask WHAT [answers] others will want to know WHY [knowledge] many will want a mix of WHAT & WHY but my favorites will query WHY NOT [wisdom]. Greg created and then has invited us into an environment wherein together we can search for the truth without fear of recrimination and satisfy they WHAT’S, WHY’S & WHY NOT’S.

Of course I am one of a growing, gaggle of geeks who will gather near Greg’s after hours to wade-on and to dive-into a quagmire of techno-babble, all are welcome, none are required.
Joe Clarke
CPR
Home of Smilin'Jack & Synergy Inks
joeclarke@cprknowsjack.com

Offline GKitson

As for what we will talk about the attendees will steer the focus; some will come to Ft. Wayne to ask WHAT [answers] others will want to know WHY [knowledge] many will want a mix of WHAT & WHY but my favorites will query WHY NOT [wisdom]. Greg created and then has invited us into an environment wherein together we can search for the truth without fear of recrimination and satisfy they WHAT’S, WHY’S & WHY NOT’S.

Just a point of clarification, while we are near Fort Wayne, I PROUDLY CALL DECATUR INDIANA MY HOME!

See you in Decatur for this amazing event.
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Joe Clarke

• Verified/Junior
I am starting & confirming a rumor that Joe Clarke will be mentoring a hands on, get your fingers inky Ink Transfer Workshop at Mind's Eye Graphics in Decatur IN in the near future.  Still working on details but this is likely to be a sell out as we want to insure all participants get maximum value for their time.

No registration details yet, but soon.......

IN is Indoana right Greg?
Joe Clarke
CPR
Home of Smilin'Jack & Synergy Inks
joeclarke@cprknowsjack.com

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
This is not going to be math or science class, I will have done the math and science long before anyone arrives at MEG. To the contrary the session will be a how-to approach for constructing a “pump” in which the individual elements work together to transfer the main component—the ink. The principles [not theories] which we will explain and discuss are not common knowledge but they are common sense so each attendee can return to their garage, shop, plant or home planet and immediately implement the new found approach.

Part and parcel to the challenges and complexity of screen, we have an uncommon chance to increase our value proposition via manufacturing. We mavericks are allowed / forced to engineer, select, sub-assemble, combine, create and clone and there are a countless number of ways to take each step. What makes screen-printing difficult is the individual elements may each be top quality but they are rarely compatible. We've changed that!

Of course I am one of a growing, gaggle of geeks who will gather near Greg’s after hours to wade-on and to dive-into a quagmire of techno-babble, all are welcome, none are required.

Sold!  Space permitting, I'm in...
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL