Author Topic: UPS Shipping Labels  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
UPS Shipping Labels
« on: May 03, 2016, 04:55:31 PM »
I have a custie who has a UPS account, and has sent me labels for the two boxes of her shirts.
However, for some reason, all she seems to want to send me are fuzzy screen shots!

Doesn't UPS provide a downloadable pdf file?
Is she just overlooking that option? Or is this going to turn out to another one of those dumb-ass smart phone things!

Speaking of screenshots, any of you with UPS accounts able to show me what she should be seeing?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: UPS Shipping Labels
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »
I have a custie who has a UPS account, and has sent me labels for the two boxes of her shirts.
However, for some reason, all she seems to want to send me are fuzzy screen shots!

Doesn't UPS provide a downloadable pdf file?
Is she just overlooking that option? Or is this going to turn out to another one of those dumb-ass smart phone things!

Speaking of screenshots, any of you with UPS accounts able to show me what she should be seeing?

Should be able to download as PDFs....I use a "broker" so no idea how to do it on UPS site....

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:25:55 PM »
It happens to us as well, it is a screenshot.

She needs to "print" to a PDF printer that will save the file.

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 01:23:34 PM »
If YOU have a UPS account, go onto UPS dot com and fill in all the package info until you get to the bottom where you enter the info about paying for the shipment.  Click on charge to third party.  Have her tell you her UPS account number and the zip code associated with the account.  Then print the label.
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 01:56:25 PM »
If YOU have a UPS account, go onto UPS dot com and fill in all the package info until you get to the bottom where you enter the info about paying for the shipment.  Click on charge to third party.  Have her tell you her UPS account number and the zip code associated with the account.  Then print the label.

Yeah, if I had an account, I would have just shipped it and billed her the amount. I don't ship enough to justify that.
When a client has an account, their rate is usually less than I pay as well.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 02:14:59 PM »

Yeah, if I had an account, I would have just shipped it and billed her the amount. I don't ship enough to justify that.
When a client has an account, their rate is usually less than I pay as well.

Find a freight broker.....I ship UPS via a broker and save 25% to 35%....I make a "nice" margin on my shipping....

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 02:42:29 PM »

Find a freight broker.....I ship UPS via a broker and save 25% to 35%....I make a "nice" margin on my shipping....

If I had any significant need, I might look into that option, but most of my business is still local pickup (or small priority mail click and ship)