Author Topic: Gildan Acquires Alstyle Apparel  (Read 1462 times)

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
Gildan Acquires Alstyle Apparel
« on: May 04, 2016, 05:16:28 PM »
Dear Alstyle Customer:

We are pleased to inform you that Ennis, Inc. announced today that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell substantially all of the assets of Alstyle Apparel, LLC, and its subsidiaries, which constitutes the apparel division of Ennis, to Gildan Activewear. This transaction replaces the agreement which was announced on April 4th. The closing of the transaction is expected to take place by the end of June.

Our goal is to operate in a business as usual manner, without any noticeable changes in the foreseeable future. This means that Alstyle’s current sales, customer service and order processing will remain intact. Gildan has a successful track record in integrating acquisitions in the past and will work hard to create a seamless customer experience for you.

We are enthusiastic about this opportunity and look forward to working with Gildan’s management team to continue growing the business. We believe that the combination of Gildan and Alstyle’s manufacturing and marketing expertise will help us enhance the overall customer experience and take the brand to new heights.

Please click here for a copy of the press release which was issued today. Do not hesitate to contact us in the event you have any questions.

Dear Alstyle Customer:

We are pleased to inform you that Ennis, Inc. announced today that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell substantially all of the assets of Alstyle Apparel, LLC, and its subsidiaries, which constitutes the apparel division of Ennis, to Gildan Activewear. This transaction replaces the agreement which was announced on April 4th. The closing of the transaction is expected to take place by the end of June.

Our goal is to operate in a business as usual manner, without any noticeable changes in the foreseeable future. This means that Alstyle’s current sales, customer service and order processing will remain intact. Gildan has a successful track record in integrating acquisitions in the past and will work hard to create a seamless customer experience for you.

We are enthusiastic about this opportunity and look forward to working with Gildan’s management team to continue growing the business. We believe that the combination of Gildan and Alstyle’s manufacturing and marketing expertise will help us enhance the overall customer experience and take the brand to new heights.

Please click here for a copy of the press release which was issued today. Do not hesitate to contact us in the event you have any questions.

Link - http://www.ennis.com/financial/ennis-accepts-offer-to-sell-apparel-division/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:50:51 PM by GoWestRob »

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Gildan Acquires Alstyle Apparel
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 05:25:59 PM »
Yeah just got that as well. Could go either way I guess.

Offline Screen Dan

• !!!
Re: Gildan Acquires Alstyle Apparel
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this.  We'll see how it turns out.  Somehow the Alpha+Bodek thing, while not very good for my old Bodek rep, has been pretty great for me so far. 

Buuuuuut, we moved our private label locker program over to Alstyle after the Anvil acquisition.  Anvil no longer has a private label locker program.  If they do that again then we're going to have to pony up a whole metric crap-ton of cash to get our private label goods...just to let that money sit on the shelf for up to a year.

I'm nervous.  God forbid they shutter the program immediately and force us to take delivery of everything we've ordered that's in the pipeline?  Sure, we use up our inventory before the 6-week cutoff, but we also have so many orders in the pipeline so we always have plenty on hand that we'd get one hell of a bill and then have to stock a few trailers full in our blanks warehouse that is already pretty full.

Oof.  I'll just calm down and wait to see how screwed we are here.