Author Topic: Interchange MD-8 Dryer  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Philwild

Interchange MD-8 Dryer
« on: April 20, 2016, 09:07:15 AM »
I am having issues with my MD-8 dryer. It will run fine for a month to three months. Then it will go through a spell where I have to clean the fire rods every other day. I will do this for about a month. We do vacuum it every week. Clean the lint trays, vacuum inside and out of the dryer. I had a service tech tell me it was bad propane. I have had the propane delivery man tell me there is no such thing as dirty propane. Has anyone else had this problem?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Interchange MD-8 Dryer
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 11:20:22 AM »
Sounds to me like interchange is correct.  more than likely it's your tank.  do you have a drip leg or a sediment trap before the propane goes into the dryer?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Interchange MD-8 Dryer
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 11:28:18 AM »
we've had the same problem for a while now and are running on city gas. It turns out our flame rods were touching and shorting out the signal to the fireye. We removed the rod going parallel to the burner and everything seems to be working fine now. Give that a shot.
Also, make sure you get in under the blower waaay up and pull out the fuzz balls that build in there. They impede the flow and it took us a while to find them. You'll need a stick to reach there and get that out.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!