Author Topic: ARRRRGGGGHHHHH  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
ARRRRGGGGHHHHH
« on: April 15, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »
OK, I've done this a million times, but today I'm getting this message, and can't figure out what to do, please help me before I go crazy... It's a Photoshop file, RGB, with channels, and so far I've saved it as .psd, and as a .dcs, which is then placed into Illustrator for output, I printed the other side of the shirt's image yesterday the same way...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 1964GN

Re: ARRRRGGGGHHHHH
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 12:33:12 PM »
I have never seen that BUT... make sure your channel names are not names reserved for CMYK or RGB. For example, If you have a channel in your seps name "red" change it to something like "spot red" etc

Just a thought

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 12:33:47 PM »
Could this be a "version" issue? Are you using fresh stuff on your machine?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 12:47:24 PM »
CS6 for both PS and Illy, and note the names, though I may change them again, because I have changed the names a couple of times already thinking there was a conflict... really bizarre, because as I said, I've done this hundreds of times...

Steve

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 02:16:15 PM »
in illy swatches, double click on the ones showing black and it will let you assign the color. easy, peasy!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 02:43:10 PM »
in illy swatches, double click on the ones showing black and it will let you assign the color. easy, peasy!

pierre

I was thinking that, but no longer trusted my instinct, lol... I switched the names to proper names, and Voila! Jeez, you'd think I'm a newbie

Steve