Author Topic: Roq owners  (Read 9101 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Roq owners
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2016, 12:36:33 PM »
Rich has gone above and beyond for this industry over and over and over. Period. Anyone questioning him isn't considering the body of his work. He's set an example of service that ELEVATED every other press manufactures service to one degree or another.

and no one can deny or compete on his level, its just facts. Roq guys were cool to me, but its just facts.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 01:17:46 PM »
I don't own a Roq. But as far as I can tell they have  great equipment.

To get back on topic....

Murphy

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 04:16:37 PM »
I don't own a Roq. But as far as I can tell they have  great equipment.

To get back on topic....

Murphy

True, this guy thinks he is clever, he basically turned a Roq thread into another subject, so back to the original guy's question, but let's point out that 244 wasn't talking about , "check your numbers " on pricing, he was talking about air consumption. also, 244 knows Ryan, Ryan knows 244, move on, bash something else. The contributions to the industry and to shop owners like myself by 244 are unmatched by anyone. He has literally gone above and beyond what ANYONE in this industry would do for a small shop owner. So bully, not at all. Confident and passionate about him, his staff, company and product, YES and for good reason.

All that being put on the record, like Underbase37 said, back to the original poster's questions. There are plenty of owners of Roq gear around now to answer your questions. I would, for sure, take the opportunity to talk with Ryan, and TCT since they are the first owners of the gear in the USA and have had them in action the longest, have had experiences with NO FREEBEES to make them speak in a biased manner. (Not that anyone else would), I'm just saying the time those guys have had their stuff in production and any interactions ect can give you some good info. One thing I will say though, when push comes to shove, and as you get serious you will see that numbers aren't really all that close when weighing apples for apples, but you can't go wrong with either brand, both are serious about what they do and in the end, it's really about who you are more comfortable with at the time of your dealing, and what works best in your current environment. We stuck with M&R and are more than happy we did, not to say we wouldn't have had success in the Roq direction, because my friends with Roq love it and I don't think would go another direction, but for us, the relationships we've built over the years and the company's CEO being personally involved so much, made sense to us. But like I said, TCT and Ryan, among other guys here on the board can really give you adequate ins and outs at why this style of gear fits their model best.

Best of luck to you and hopefully you get the info best suited to your shop's needs!!

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 04:48:01 PM »
I don't trust anyone or any company that spends more time bashing their competition than highlighting their own product.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 05:30:46 PM »
I spoke to the OP offline initially, but now want to post in here as the thread has been pretty drerailed and their is not that much info on Roq presses pressed for lurkers and future searches.

I have a Roq You 10/8. Been using it since December so we are still fairly new with it. If anyone is looking for feedback on a Roq press I'd be more than happy to offer 2 cents.

In a nut shell, there are a lot of good presses/manufacturers on the market. They will all have their pros and cons.

For me the heads up/down was my main draw to this press. We are on a wooden floor and the press does not move at all. I find that loading an unloading is much more easier when the level of the pallets never move. I like being able to quickly lift a screen up and not have to worry about it being in the press while doing a different print run.

AC/Servo was a must have.

Built in lasers. Once you have them, you will never want to be without them.

It has a multiprint program option (something along the like of revolver mode on the M&R's)

You can double index with it. Therefore we only have 5 sleeve boards because we rarely print sleeves.

I find sleeves and small garments are easy to load on this pallet/arm configuration.

Pallets can all be quickly adjusted to the same location when changing their position.

Reg system, I liked the PRU registration system that was available for it.

My local tech was within a couple hours from me.

Those are my quick off the head reasons for going with this press. 5 months of using it and I am beyond happy with it. I have called the service dept for a handful of silly things/questions and they have been pretty on the ball. I am hoping it will be a long time before I need to make an emergency call, but my confidence is pretty high that getting someone to help you won't be an issue.

There's a lot of great machines on the market. Do your homework and talk to owners of them.  Figure out what features you really need in YOUR shop (not everyone is doing the same type of work day in/day out). And don't buy on price alone. Or you may be repeating this process a lot sooner than you thought.

Offline ol man

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 05:51:51 PM »
I don't trust anyone or any company that spends more time bashing their competition than highlighting their own product.
this

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2016, 07:09:29 PM »
this

Kinda like the video of a company's engineer beating up a competitor's machine with a sledgehammer? Talk about bashing the competition. lol
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline ol man

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2016, 07:27:14 PM »
this

Kinda like the video of a company's engineer beating up a competitor's machine with a sledgehammer? Talk about bashing the competition. lol
Agreed

Offline TCred

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2016, 11:42:57 PM »

You can double index with it. Therefore we only have 5 sleeve boards because we rarely print sleeves.

I find sleeves and small garments are easy to load on this pallet/arm configuration.

This is an excellent feature and we have our ECO set up the same - no need to have a full set of sleeve pallets when it's not a core production requirement. Just wondering what sleeve pallets do you use - ROQ or alternate?

Offline avogel

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2016, 12:19:59 AM »
After messaging with several people we ultimately decided to go with the Roq. It should be here in a few weeks. We felt the features of the Roq made it a better fit for us.  So far I have only great things to say about the service from Ryonet/Roq. Can't wait for it to get here!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 03:13:41 PM »

This is an excellent feature and we have our ECO set up the same - no need to have a full set of sleeve pallets when it's not a core production requirement. Just wondering what sleeve pallets do you use - ROQ or alternate?

I'm using the standard Roq sleeve pallets (5"x 25 I think). Not the hinge ones, which do look pretty interesting.

It's funny because these are an inch bigger than the standard 4" ones other presses use and I can load long sleeve shirts on there easier, and I also was able to print sweatpants a couple weeks ago.

Congrats Avogel! I think you would have been happy with your decision.