Author Topic: Green Galaxy Gamma Blocker Black HSA Water Based Ink  (Read 3584 times)

Offline SteveS

Green Galaxy Gamma Blocker Black HSA Water Based Ink
« on: March 30, 2016, 11:10:14 AM »
Has anyone tried this Ryonet Green Galaxy Gamma Blocker Black HSA Water Based Ink as an underbase on dark polyester with plastisol on top? I hate the UB Grey from Wilflex as it's so thick and heavy handed. I'd be curious to hear someone else's experience with it first hand. Something tells me it's not a popular product but I digress.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Green Galaxy Gamma Blocker Black HSA Water Based Ink
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 12:22:09 PM »
Danny posted a pic the other day on a 50/50, looked great. We have it in house but haven't had time
to test yet.

I'm happy to see they are carrying the Allure line of HSA's as well. Ryonet coming out on the forefront of
new (to the UD) ink technology.

Offline AAMike

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 02:25:30 PM »
Ok, just watched the video.(I can't pull off the fauxhawk) I myself want to try Rutland EKO barrier black as an underbase. It is not recommended to put under plastisol but I am curious as a cat.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:51:53 PM by SoffeMike »

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 03:14:32 PM »
The green galaxy blocker black was just released this week I believe. We have been in testing on it for several months now with good results. It has blocked the dye in every garment we have tested it on and does not lock/dry in the screen like similar products. So far we are really liking the gamma blocker..... here's a pic of a job that is out on press right now being printed with gamma blocker base and all green galaxy colors on top.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline SteveS

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 03:21:02 PM »
Hi Danny,

Will you be testing with plastisol ink on top of that or will you be sticking to WB?

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 03:28:33 PM »
The green galaxy blocker black was just released this week I believe. We have been in testing on it for several months now with good results. It has blocked the dye in every garment we have tested it on and does not lock/dry in the screen like similar products. So far we are really liking the gamma blocker..... here's a pic of a job that is out on press right now being printed with gamma blocker base and all green galaxy colors on top.
Danny is that one white or two on top?

I have some on the way to do some testing.

It says in the printing instructions it can be used with plastisol.....not sure what that means...but.....test, test, test.

Murphy

Offline AAMike

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 03:47:59 PM »
What mesh did you run that black thru?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 04:06:13 PM »

It says in the printing instructions it can be used with plastisol.....not sure what that means...but.....test, test, test.

Murphy

That is 1 white on top...

Black base, flash, white base, flash, grey - orange

I make some tweaks to our white in order to get it to look like this though  ;)
Danny Gruninger

Offline SteveS

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 04:17:21 PM »
Danny,

Will these water based Green Galaxy inks work with simulated process prints on dark garment? Have you got that far in your testing yet?

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 04:21:09 PM »

Murphy

By tweaks do you mean the ink or with the press/screen?

Murphy

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »

Murphy

Murphy

Both  :-X
Danny Gruninger

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 06:36:43 PM »

Murphy

Murphy

Both  :-X
You Sly dog.  ;)

PM me if you can/will share the details.

Murphy

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 01:33:39 AM »
My gallon of this came in yesterday, Ill be printing a small job with Comet HSA white as top coat Friday

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »
I can dig it....so far testing is going well. More to come....

Murphy