Author Topic: Recommendations for Supplies  (Read 2068 times)

Offline crstof

Recommendations for Supplies
« on: February 24, 2016, 04:17:39 PM »
Hi, i will be buying supplies for our new screen printing shop (manual 8 colors) and would like to know everyone's recommendations / favorite brand / best supplier for the following items:

I'm looking for high quality products only that have been tried and tested as i will be shipping these items abroad.

Inkjet Film Positive
Inkjet Ink system / refill inks  (i will be using an epson 1430)
Roller frames protection tape (should i get it from stretch devices?)
Split Tape
Block-out Tape
Pallet Tape
Pallet adhesive (liquid, not spray tack)
Exposure calculator (kiwo?)
Tension Meter (Newman ST-1 or ST-2 or Saati...)
Aluminum squeegee handles (ergo-force ?)
Squeegee blades (Fimor?)
do i need a squeegee blade cutter or snipper?

thanks!

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: Recommendations for Supplies
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »
I can't answer all of your questions but I used to get waterproof film from fixxons, I bought my bulk ink system from cobra inks, as recommended recently to me I've started using polyken tape for the mesh protection on the rollers, I use the white tape from J & J supply for the squeegee side and blockout if I need it but be prepared "you will get several calls from them after the first purchase ".  I do like pmi split tape better though after using a sample.  For pallet tape, I use transfer paper medium tack for vinyl and it works just fine.  I buy most of my supplies through nazdar source one and that is where you will find pallet adhesive, squeegee blades/rolls, pallet adhesive, inks etc.  I mostly use wilflex but international coatings as well. 

You don't have to have a snipper or a corner rounder for the squeegees but man they are sure nice to have.

There are several distributors out there.  I've heard several great things about Spot Color Supply as well.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 06:51:33 PM »
I have everything on this list in stock and could ship out tomorrow.  If you would like a quote PM your email, and I will get one over to you, or you can shop on our site.  We are located in Austin, Texas.....  Not sure where you are, but I would be happy to help. 

There are many other great distributors on here who carry most, if not all of these items as well, who could also help.  Maybe if we knew your location we could better help find you a distributor in your area that may help cut down on delivery times.

Thanks!
Kevin Wilson
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 07:42:08 PM »
What Kevin said.  Most distributors have ecommerce as well as a customer service or inside sales that can work with you.   My company in for is in my signature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 08:33:41 PM »
^^^Lots of quality distributors on TSB^^^

Check us out too, if you get time... ;D

www.spotcolorsupply.com
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 10:17:42 AM »
Any of three above would make a great choice. Reach out to all of them and see who will make it easiest to work with you. I am not really sure what is involved in shipping your items to Lebanon, but see what they can do for you.

Welcome aboard!

pierre
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:16:29 PM by blue moon »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 10:26:10 AM »
Xenon ships internationally. Brent Fisk 870-427-6012
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Robert Clark

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 11:41:26 AM »
Hi ,

We have everything you are looking for, can ship today and our customer service is hard to beat. With our 100% money back guarantee you can buy with confidence and rest assure you are getting exactly what you want ..

Just PM me with a quote and I will get you taken care of .

Thanks   
Robert Clark
One Stroke Inks
Senior Account Manager
rclark@osinks.com
(800)942-4447

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 02:17:15 PM »
there you go! Five companies with excellent records and I am sure there are more.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!