Computers and Software > RIPs

RIP's of those who have PREVIEWS.

(1/3) > >>

Dottonedan:
I'm wondering what the names are of the rips that actually have a preview of the halftones so you can check it before printing. I don't need the end result on paper or on emulsion, just a screen shot of the preview (close up to show the dots really big). Also, let me know what that preview (resolution) is set to. For example, what is the output resolution of your device. I'm assuming the preview should correspond to the output resolution.

Of those, can you post a screen shot of the art I've attached. It's very small, like 3" rectangle at 600ppi.

This is what it looks like using the BITMAP feature coming out of Photoshop at 600ppi.
I used 55 lpi at 22.5 screen angle with ROUND dot.

The bottom is what you might have seen in higher end rips using wet photo films imagesetters at 2400-3600dpi resolution with previews of the halftones...but those are vector created just for an example.

The Photoshop example is better than what we started out with years ago with 300dpi laser printers. 600 is better, but now I see we are getting digital printers with 720 and 1200dpi options. How do those look (in preview)?

canucklehead:
Filmmaker.

Dottonedan:

--- Quote from: canucklehead on February 14, 2016, 11:43:33 PM ---Filmmaker.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the name.  What I'd really like is for you to download that test file at the very bottom and rip it, then take a screen shot of the blown up dots. I'd like to see the edges of the dots to see how well it's defined in the preview.

Thanks
Dan

AntonySharples:
I don't have filmaker, but I did do a trial of it.  When I would use the preview, it looked nothing like it printed.  Maybe others have a different story.

DannyGruninger:
We want image setter dots! We want image setter dots! We want image setter dots! LOL

Nice to see you jumping into this Dan! Hopefully this leads to some nice progress

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version