Author Topic: shop layout  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Croft

shop layout
« on: February 09, 2016, 09:20:12 PM »
anyone have a layout or pics  with an auto at the end of the dryer and a manual on each side? I'm moving to a new shop thats 28' by 90' so long and skinny
My plan is to have the auto at the end of the dryer and a manual on either side, all 3 won't work at the same time but i need to run auto+1 manual or 2 manuals at a time.
Ive got a Radicure that will have an 8' infeed. Right now we have the auto on one side and the manual on the other with a 2' infeed.

I think my plan will work

Offline Croft

Re: shop layout
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 09:22:40 PM »
should mention the 2nd manual isn't in the layout , it is a small 4 colour that will be primarily be used for training/ 1 and 2 colour smaller jobs

Auto is a 6 colour sportsman and a 6 colour chameleon

Offline DaveZ

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:47:17 AM »
Hi -

Layout looks pretty good.

One comment/question:  Have you considered pushing the dryer up closer to one of the long walls and extending the infeed of the dryer to accommodate both manuals on one side, with the automatic at the end?  Might free up some work/walk/whatever space on the other side of the shop rather than having the dryer in the middle of the room....

As an aside, M&R does offer free "Floor Layout" software, which makes it super-easy to play around with different scenarios...  Link: http://forums.mrprint.com/showthread.php?366-Download-Free-M-amp-R-Shop-Floor-Layout-Software
Dave Zimmer
M&R Printing Equipment, Inc.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 09:57:54 AM »
You have about the same shape shop as us.  It sucks for giant round presses.

I agree, we have out oven as close to the wall as recommended with a longer infeed.

Are those both manuals?  We only run a single color manual and an 8 color auto.  We found we never use the manual for more than single color work.  It saved us a ton of space.

Offline Croft

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 11:01:46 AM »
2 manuals and an auto, I know the shape sucks but for some reason everything in our area for smaller units is based on 2500sq' or 25'x100' or they are old buildings with posts a lll over.

The blue circle is the actual press the black line is a 2' safe area

Offline DaveZ

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 12:32:34 PM »
Years back I helped a customer lay out his shop that was 18 feet wide and 80 feet long.  The "dryer up close to the wall with a long infeed" concept was the most practical/functional solution...

That customer's press was a 10 station Gauntlet and the dryer was a 36" Maxi-Cure with a 15' long infeed...

The shop is still set up that same way...

Dave Zimmer
M&R Printing Equipment, Inc.