Push?
19 (48.7%)
Pull?
9 (23.1%)
Both?
11 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: October 26, 2011, 04:54:53 PM

Author Topic: PUSH OR PULL  (Read 9732 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: PUSH OR PULL
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2011, 11:08:14 PM »
My Challenger prints that way. It works great except for the on the seam tramp stamps. For those I wish it went in the other direction. Other than that there is no difference in the way they print.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2011, 12:14:58 AM »
I've set our auto up to push stroke one day when I was bored.  It took me a while to get the squeegee settings just right.  I think that I could fabricate a squeegee that would print perfectly using the push stroke if I had time to sit down and think about it.  I didn't have the tools to measure ink deposit at the time I did the push stroke experiment but it seemed to me at the time that the ink desposit was significantly more.  If we ever slow down enough for me to have an hour to play around I'll mess around with pushing on the auto and actually measure the results this time.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
I took the time to convert a formula head to print a push stroke when I was back in NY. It took awhile to switch some parts around but when I got it working, it was very finicky and to much squeegee pressure by even a single twist had the blade bending over. I did some printing with it for some 1/2 tone work and when I used a good tension screen, it did print some nice dots but nothing awesome or better than the head next to it pulling.

The older machines work wonders when you put high tension screens in them and parallel the pallets. 
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services