Author Topic: Customer complaint - Pressure Marks  (Read 4659 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Customer complaint - Pressure Marks
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 07:57:27 PM »
For us when it happens(I would love to talk to an auto shop that doesn't experience occasional pallet/pressure marks and learn how they do it) it's usually on a youth garment or sleeve print where someone in my shop was just not thinking/caring or whatever and put on a squeegee that was wider then the pallet on the press. I've also had this happen on some garments due to the dye or type of material. So for us it can depend if we are getting rid of pallet marks before the dryer or after. If we are printing a garment/location of print that we cannot avoid the marks and know this after some test prints, I cut a sheet of cardboard a little bigger then the printed design and have the unloader cover the design with it then spray some water on the marks, pull and into the dryer. Lower the dryer temp and belt speed(test and wash test though). If someone in my shop prints a job that has pallet marks the people I have working in shipping are trained to catch this when boxing. Shirts come off dryer, get folded then put in bins, then sent back to another dept/set of eyes so sometimes shipping will see some pallet marks and have to fix after production. At that point they either steam them out or if a dryer is open take them and run them through with misted water. I'd love to hear from some vets or shops that have been able to avoid this as we had it come up with some clients several years ago and now try to avoid it like the plaque. 
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 10:40:09 PM »
That sucks, sometimes it seems its just unavoidable.

Very nice looking print.

Murphy

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 08:00:38 AM »
magic sizing should do it.  spray it and let it dry.  no need to tunnel dry them.  It's an old embroidery trick for removing hoop burn.

The stuff is cheap too, $1 a can(roughly) at Wal-Mart or grocery stores, look for it by the ironing starch.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 08:20:37 AM »
You already said the number one thing that I can't stand. Fire this customer, now.

Customer complains about garment. Wants credit/refund/you to kiss ass/etc.

Orders exactly same garment next time.

Basically when this happens inside my mind World War 3 just started and we go right to nuclear war.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 08:28:41 AM »
no crap, brandt is right.  I don't think you'd be crazy to bill him for the re-runs of the "bad" shirts.  I mean clearly he's trying to get free crap.

I will never forget the "artist" that complained about a color in a logo that was smaller than a kernel of corn saying "this is chocolate, it should be more mocha."

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 09:06:27 AM »
Seriously id refuse to use that same garment as the previous order.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 09:29:06 AM »
what's even more frustrating, well two things that are super frustrating:

1. he keeps saying "other print shops are able to fix it", even though the other print shops he uses/used in town do not use discharge or waterbase ink. This still shouldn't be an issue, but the fact that he keeps trying to passive aggressively threaten us, or say other shops are willing to do it, i'm more than happy for them to do it.

2. even if i do reprint them, he is so paranoid about his work, that he'll want to buy these at a discounted rate.

drives me bonkers.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 09:38:08 AM »
Run away man. 

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 09:39:06 AM »
what's even more frustrating, well two things that are super frustrating:

1. he keeps saying "other print shops are able to fix it", even though the other print shops he uses/used in town do not use discharge or waterbase ink. This still shouldn't be an issue, but the fact that he keeps trying to passive aggressively threaten us, or say other shops are willing to do it, i'm more than happy for them to do it.

2. even if i do reprint them, he is so paranoid about his work, that he'll want to buy these at a discounted rate.

drives me bonkers.

1. "Like the other shops", you too now have been given some methods of, at the least, fixing this batch.

2. This concern should be rendered moot when the originals are fixed.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 09:43:35 AM »
i dont really care if we continue to print for this client.

what i do care about is learning why these marks are happening, and understanding how to prevent them, as well as fix them for future orders.
Night Owls

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 09:46:33 AM »
We print with plastisol here. We see it on different types of shirts, on gildan tees we do not have the issue, but on for example anvil organic we do have the pressure marks. I'll lighten the pressure so much that the ink does not clear the screen and we still get them. So maybe its the way the shirt fibers are..

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 09:47:03 AM »
BTW this is dependant on dyestuffs used. Sulphur/reactive/pigment, etc

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 09:53:24 AM »
BTW this is dependant on dyestuffs used. Sulphur/reactive/pigment, etc

these were on next level 3600 and 3300L. I'm pretty sure they are reactive dyed, but i'm sure you could tell me better than anyone else!
Night Owls

Offline UnderPressureSP

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 10:00:16 AM »
I would just wash all the shirts or was the spray method discussed and than give them back to him and pressure marks should be gone.  Or is this not a solution's?  I still have yet to see what your talking about?  Also since your printing over a seam i bet the pressure was higher than normal.    I also like how you are the only shop running discharge and water based ink in Houston!  We tend to get pressure marks on that style in black especially but since our clients was the shirts the marks go away. 

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 10:09:21 AM »
They are mill dyed. Subjective term but generally refers to reactive. Simple thin styro packing material on bottom side of screen where the pressure points arm make this disappear. You are welcome ;)