Author Topic: LED exposure times anyone?  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
LED exposure times anyone?
« on: February 28, 2016, 11:56:54 PM »
My fellow board members. Would you be so kind and post some exposure times you have achieved on your LED unit with SBQ emulsions.
Ideally for 150-S mesh yellow. Please state as well coating technique and what emulsion was used and which LED exposure unit.

Here I go
Murakami Aquasol TS coated 2/2 sharp edge at least 60 seconds.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: LED exposure times anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:02:32 AM »
btw, coating technique doesn't mean much with S-mesh due to the much larger openings and differences in emulsion viscosity... you need to post your EOM or emulsion thickness in order to have results that can be measured across different people.

you may want to also ask on screen room and storage conditions.

that being said:  screen room/storage conditions -- 72-80degrees 20% RH:

150S Saati PHU2 20% eom ( 1 coat round edge shirt side only )
--  23 seconds on M&R Starlight with glass removed
--  50 seconds with the Saati 300W 'multi-led' unit at 24" from the screen.

150S Saati PHU 20% eom ( 1 coat round edge shirt side only )
-- 6 seconds on M&R Starlight with glass removed

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 09:19:09 AM »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 06:39:51 PM »
A 150/48, 20%EOMR, 1/1 round edge-35 seconds if no halftones or fine lines, 20 seconds with halftones
120/54, 20%EOMR, 1/1 round-white mesh, 20 seconds.  Anything longer than that the undercutting is too bad and our regi marks won't spray out.
305/34, 10%EOMR, 2/1 round-10 seconds with halftones, 20 seconds without h/t's or fine lines.

We can shoot each one of those for less by 50% in some cases and up to 90 seconds on yellow mesh without significant overexposure problems, but white mesh is a completely different animal.  Basically, we have tons of exposure latitude with yellow mesh, but not much on white mesh.  But we can't get any mesh, regardless of white or yellow, high or low count, thin or thick EOM to pass the swab test on the squeegee side. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 06:50:02 PM »
A 150/48, 20%EOMR, 1/1 round edge-35 seconds if no halftones or fine lines, 20 seconds with halftones
120/54, 20%EOMR, 1/1 round-white mesh, 20 seconds.  Anything longer than that the undercutting is too bad and our regi marks won't spray out.
305/34, 10%EOMR, 2/1 round-10 seconds with halftones, 20 seconds without h/t's or fine lines.

We can shoot each one of those for less by 50% in some cases and up to 90 seconds on yellow mesh without significant overexposure problems, but white mesh is a completely different animal.  Basically, we have tons of exposure latitude with yellow mesh, but not much on white mesh.  But we can't get any mesh, regardless of white or yellow, high or low count, thin or thick EOM to pass the swab test on the squeegee side.
What emulsion do you use?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 09:44:11 AM »
Chromaline Prototype 16-17 i(2)
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.