Author Topic: Soft Hand on Gildan Performance (100% poly)  (Read 1458 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Soft Hand on Gildan Performance (100% poly)
« on: January 25, 2016, 12:03:34 PM »
Any suggestions for minimal to no hand on Gildan 42000 aside from plastisol with additives through high mesh count?  Printing for a race and it is a large print.  In the past we were printing on 65/35 poly/cotton and we did discharge (they were happy with the muted look and no hand), but they want to go with the 42000 now.  I am looking for options since the discharge will be even worse on this shirt than last years and we are a mostly plastisol shop with a little discharge experience so I am not well versed on the other inks out there.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Soft Hand on Gildan Performance (100% poly)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 12:24:06 PM »
Can you print just darker colors?

What shirt color?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:41:32 PM »

What shirt color?
That is an option as the shirt will likely be white or sports grey.  I wanted to give them an option for colored shirts if there was one.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »

What shirt color?
That is an option as the shirt will likely be white or sports grey.  I wanted to give them an option for colored shirts if there was one.

If its white or grey shirts just thin out the plastisol and print with 230 plus screens.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 01:23:04 PM »
If you were on sport tek's cationic (sp?) garments, I would say yea, thin out your ink a touch and print white through higher mesh counts....

I do not trust those Gildans to not bleed....

As it is for light garments:

Just like ScreenPrinter123 said... Add ink reducer of choice and print through higher mesh counts, ideally wet on wet to make the ink layer wrap around the shirt fibers for extra softness.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 03:03:15 PM »
Thanks for the help, I figured high mesh count would be the route but thought I would check to make sure there was no magic ink out there.  I will steer them to a light colored shirt with dark ink colors.