Author Topic: I like long walks in the woods and porridge  (Read 1804 times)

Offline yorkie

I like long walks in the woods and porridge
« on: April 09, 2011, 10:33:47 PM »
So when Goldie Lox went to the bears house to eat porridge, one bowl was too hot, another was too cold, i'm quite sure this one will be "just right". If you could see my tail, it would be wagging!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: I like long walks in the woods and porridge
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:52:33 PM »
how's the porridge so far?
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline yorkie

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 07:27:14 PM »
how's the porridge so far?

Somewhere late last year, my meal ticket got revoked and i was in hungry times. I tightened the belt and determined myself to a life of eating porridge. What i learned, is that my hunger goes beyond porridge, no matter how big of a bowl of porridge i get. After living on porridge and hunger, i've put up my bowl and have temporarily lost my taste for porridge.

My life currently is best illustrated by "Horton Hears a Who", except it's "Yorkie Sees a What".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq98P7WdLBk[/youtube]

Offline Northland

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:09:24 PM »
Yorkie..... wasn't there some U.K. work in your future ?

Offline yorkie

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »
Yorkie..... wasn't there some U.K. work in your future ?

Actually it was France. I'm now waiting for the product to be launched to get the final payments. When the economy was sucking, they stopped sending any contracting work, but that seems to be turning around. Today I'm wrapping up a new bid proposal for a new round of contracting. With the other things going on, i'm not really sure i want it.

Everyone in the printing business knows, the more you print, the less you can charge. However most printers never consider the flip side of this coin, the smaller you print, the more you can charge! I'm now working on a job which involves imaging on the micron scale. What is being discussed is how to "proof", printing on the scale of a human hair, using pixels the size of a micron.

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »
Hello & welcome.  For some reason, I've got images going through my mind of a design much like a circuit board being "drawn" by a computer with a laser onto a screen.  Is what you're working on in those small sizes for textiles?
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline yorkie

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »
The printing is on individual pigment particles, which are then mixed into ink. The pigments are made using printed circuit technology. I'm part of a bid to use inexpensive cell phone camera technology to build a device to used to locate and identify individual pigment particles hidden in the ink.

In the textile printing world, this product could be print either as a small dot on the textile or on the tag (along with the hologram) as a method of counterfeit protection which is beyond the ability of counterfeits to replicate. No matter how good a counterfeit looks to the eye, but a microscope can tell the difference.