Author Topic: Pallet glue everywhere  (Read 5291 times)

Offline jvieira

Pallet glue everywhere
« on: January 21, 2016, 04:47:39 AM »
This is the main complaint in our shop. We are using waterbased pallet glue (made the switch from cans last year and it was worth it!!) but glue residue is still getting everywhere.

Our people keep complaining they have glue residue on the shirt stock, also lots of it on the floors (they become sticky rather quickly) and pretty much everywhere else. How do you guys deal with this?

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Pallet glue everywhere
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:19:57 AM »
How are you applying it.  Here we use Xenon Xenzu PAC which is a adhesive remover with an ink degrader in it.  Perfect for cleaning the floor and residue from the press.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 07:39:32 AM »
First you should be cutting it 50/50 with water, second apply with a foam roller.  No mess.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 08:08:51 AM »
We use a brand from Tekmar, I don' think we mix it with water at all. Depends on the brand you use/glue.

However we put it in a gatorate bottle with a pin hole in the top. Squirt it on pallets, and swipe it with a cleanup card. It shouldn't get in the air...
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 08:36:49 AM »
We cut 50/50 with water and keep it in a Dollar Store size dish detergent bottle.  We apply it using a CleanUp card.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 08:58:52 AM »
We use a brand from Tekmar, I don' think we mix it with water at all. Depends on the brand you use/glue.

However we put it in a gatorate bottle with a pin hole in the top. Squirt it on pallets, and swipe it with a cleanup card. It shouldn't get in the air...

What he said.

I can't even fathom glue everywhere.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 10:28:20 AM »

What he said.

That''s because you didn't print in the 80's and 90's. ;)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 11:23:08 AM »

What he said.

No, I get it with spray tack... I've seen that... everything looks like a muppet.

I'm saying using waterbase tack I just can't fathom getting that stuff everywhere... it's too easy to use.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 11:33:40 AM »
This is the main complaint in our shop. We are using waterbased pallet glue (made the switch from cans last year and it was worth it!!) but glue residue is still getting everywhere.

Our people keep complaining they have glue residue on the shirt stock, also lots of it on the floors (they become sticky rather quickly) and pretty much everywhere else. How do you guys deal with this?

Tell your guys to quit being slobs. That sounds like more of the problem than the glue itself. The only way it gets on stuff is when guys start slinging it in a hurry or they just dont give a sh!t. We card ours on and have used the foam roller too. Very little if any mess.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 11:42:31 AM »

What he said.

No, I get it with spray tack... I've seen that... everything looks like a muppet.

I'm saying using waterbase tack I just can't fathom getting that stuff everywhere... it's too easy to use.

Some folks do apply water based adhesive with a spray gun, but then need to take a little care and perhaps use the simple mask I've talked about for years.
If it takes a little longer to be neat, so be it!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 05:39:08 PM »
yea...confused like others.  Since using waterbased adhesive there is no glue or residue anywhere but on the top of my pallets...not on the floor, anywhere on the press, the shirts, etc.

I apply with a paper towel and a restaurant squirt bottle, cut at least 50/50 with water.  I use textac.  I have been using the same bottle for something like 4 years...it lasts forever.

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 07:01:21 PM »
Haha I JUST ran out of Textac, and replaced it. I told everyone it lasted for 4 years! It does go a long way.

Cutting it in half also reduces the initial "Bite" to it.  A few new press ops slathered that stuff on like Mayo on a sandwich, and the shirts had to be surgically removed!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 09:58:56 PM »
Haha I JUST ran out of Textac, and replaced it. I told everyone it lasted for 4 years! It does go a long way.

Cutting it in half also reduces the initial "Bite" to it.  A few new press ops slathered that stuff on like Mayo on a sandwich, and the shirts had to be surgically removed!

Been using textac for years myself.  Goes a long, long way and I really like it.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 10:39:19 PM »
I started to use a foam roller after years of dribbling...ahem..... the stuff out of a ketchup bottle, and spreading the dribbles around with a foam brush.

The roller is better, at least for me. No mess whatsoever.

I also can't imagine how the liquid gets on your press, floors, etc.

CCI Top Bond for us, cut with water at least half and half, probably way weaker than that most times. I don't really measure. I just fill the squirt bottle a ways, then put in at least that much water and shake. I love the stuff.

Hoodies still get web spray most times, unless its just a couple of turns around the carousel. I use the Cardboard Frog "O" Mask™® every single time I spray it. Spraytac icks me out so bad....

So add my voice to the mystified masses.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 09:20:11 AM »
get one of these, the tight cell foam roller works great and soon will skin over with the WB stuff.
one hint....... add some ordinary food coloring to the 50 / 50  or 60/40 or something to something water / bond mix so you can see better how you are covering the pallet.
mooseman

http://www.lowes.com/pd_45124-11591-97646_2z8vj__?productId=3033660&pl=1&Ntt=paint+roller

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=45143-64900-94064&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3695342&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.