Author Topic: MAGIC and Agenda  (Read 1672 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
MAGIC and Agenda
« on: January 08, 2016, 08:38:23 AM »
So we just signed up to go to MAGIC this year and The Agenda. First time for The Agenda, but they are running together in Vegas. BOTH of them sent us back emails requesting credentials, invoices, and current vendor references, otherwise we could pay to go....

What the hell? Anyone ever get this? It's been a few years since I attended MAGIC, and it was the August one, but still what the hell?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: MAGIC and Agenda
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 08:39:43 AM »
Check out the Pool show for trends

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 09:03:25 AM »
So we just signed up to go to MAGIC this year and The Agenda. First time for The Agenda, but they are running together in Vegas. BOTH of them sent us back emails requesting credentials, invoices, and current vendor references, otherwise we could pay to go....

What the hell? Anyone ever get this? It's been a few years since I attended MAGIC, and it was the August one, but still what the hell?

MAGIC is and always has been a 'qualified' trade show to protect exhibitors from miscellaneous aisle walkers who are there to 'harvest' ideas without paying the price of admission.  The half naked models probably have something to do with it also.

Qualified means you are a retailer that sells to the public end user and are a BUYER of finished goods for that purpose.  Decorators fall somewhere in the middle and if you are creative in your application process you can avoid what may be a significant 'entry/registration fee'. Non exhibiting suppliers are heavily taxed via large registration fees or not allowed to register to avoid them selling in the aisles w/o buying booth space.

Show management wants as many 'qualified' buyers as possible.

Once you pass the qualification hurdle you will be automatically registered for future shows just by asking.  Alex, if you had previously attended dig out the registration info and your registration number.  You may be able to submit that number and already be pre-qualified?  Worth a shot, give me a call when you have a moment, I have not decided to attend yet.  However, if you are going I may make the trip....
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 09:21:47 AM »
Half Naked woman huh; that's worth the price of admission right there, LOL and it's Vegas

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 09:27:10 AM »
Half Naked woman huh; that's worth the price of admission right there, LOL and it's Vegas

This show is gender neutral, I said half naked models......
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050