Author Topic: One of THOSE days  (Read 7775 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
One of THOSE days
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:00:22 AM »
So we need a service call on our clothes dryer at the house.  The belt is broken, do they carry new ones on the truck?  No.  It's under warranty, so I am not messing with it.  Parts and labor for 4 years.  So now that they know what is wrong, they will set another schedule to come back out.  Meanwhile, I am out of underwear.

Then I get a call from our phone company that I am looking to cancel service with and they claim that my whole contract renewed when I changed mobile phones.  Not just the mobile end of it.  Stupid effers...I'll get out of it, but I feel like Kyle agreeing to the terms and conditions of the iTunes store.

Then I get an email from a customer that is a PITA every year saying the back print on their shirts looks bad.  It looks just as good/bad as what you sent to me.  Usually it's an email about missing shirts, but this year I let her know that her order was quadruple checked for accuracy..normally it's triple.  They always add new students or the teachers put the wrong size down on the sheet, but somehow it's always my fault.  Heck last year they even claimed I shorted them an Adult XL in one of the colors...the kicker is they never ordered one.  When I replied to her email, I never heard back...funny.

I just hope the day doesn't get worse.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: One of THOSE days
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 10:42:12 AM »
My day started with a crappy JPEG file that a church "borrowed" somewhere online for a shirt they want me to print cheap.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 10:51:37 AM »
My day started with a crappy JPEG file that a church "borrowed" somewhere online for a shirt they want me to print cheap.

Print the shirt cheap and charge the hell out of the art.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 11:07:59 AM »
I love the customers that try to blame something on you and when you forward their own email back to them proving it was their mistake they never reply nor apologize. I really really hate them!

"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 11:19:52 AM »
We always have problems with this customer.  If it's not sizes, it something else.  What a pain.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 11:33:57 AM »
I can't print that mess even if I wanted too...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »
I know how that goes.  Is it copyrighted?  Or just really bad quality?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »
Bad file, the actual file is 96 res  5x4 inches. They want it stretched to 13 x18.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 12:06:16 PM »
Can it be recreated?  I know churches usually have ZERO budget

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »
I approved it but I didn't read it.......can you take the shirts back and fix or replace since it's half your fault?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
Can it be recreated?  I know churches usually have ZERO budget

I'm not that talented...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »
The url of the missing pic in your post shows an image much bigger than 5x4

Still may be copyright issues of course

http://postimage.org/image/1v6ghapb8/full/
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »
Helps if I look at the file.  Yeah, it's probably a copyright issue, but it's also a really tough print and I am sure they don't want to pay for it.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 12:42:48 PM »
Send that out for DTG on dark save the headache.
"No man is an island"

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 01:38:59 PM »
Got ya beat for yesterday.

Pump for the sinks took a dump (it's been going strong for 7 years at 10' head) can't do anything with water.
New pump,

DSL service intermittently cutting out,wondering if the recent rain is getting in somewhere. AT$T is the wor$t.
Buy new router/modem anyways, but that ain't the problem.

Reverse switch on the mixing drill breaks, can't remove jiffy mixer without the chuck key, long since missing.
Buy new drill.

Cutter on the Epson no longer completely cuts film, need a new one.

Random (and boy do I mean random) walkin guy (second at this location ever, we don't do walkin) completely out of
breath wants our minimum order with either 2 color changes or shirt color changes. State our minimums he fights
and then he decides to SIT AND THINK ABOUT IT while I'm dealing with all of the above. (sorry Andy!)

Just popped a screen right before production on a 1000 piece order. Of course it's waterbased so prepping the new
one will set us back an hour or so in drying, and even that is cutting it close.

Can't put another job on press because UPS shipments over the sierra's from Sanmar are getting delayed due to snow.

Ain't it grand!