Author Topic: ISS Long Beach - TSB Member Tee Shirt Design Contest  (Read 2273 times)

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
ISS Long Beach - TSB Member Tee Shirt Design Contest
« on: December 30, 2015, 01:01:14 AM »
Happy Holidays TSB Peeps:  As you all know the Long Beach, CA ISS show is scheduled to be held January 22 thru 24, and we are expecting a big TSB member turnout.  With that in mind I cant think of anything better than having a bunch of TSB members walking the show floor wearing a stylish TSB Promotional Tee shirt so...................  Here's the deal, Nazdar SourceOne is inviting any interested TSB Member's to submit a design to my attention (see contact info below) as a low resolution PDF on or before next Friday January 8th, 2016. I'll work with the Three Stooges running TSB to post all submissions, and we'll have a vote to pick the winner. 

We'll also set up a registration page where you can submit your shirt request and size. Nazdar SourceOne will commit to print 10 dozen (120) shirts that TSB Members can pick up at the Long Beach ISS, and we'll send the balance out to non-attending members by USPS post show. If there's any real interest in this program from TSB members I'll reach out to Mr. Hoffman at M&R, and the folks at Brother to see if we can significantly increase the quantity of available shirts.  We would send any unclaimed shirts to Andy, Dan or Pierre to distribute the shirts post show at their discretion.

IMPORTANT DESIGN INFORMATION:  Please don't limit your design by making it too ISS Long Beach Centric, we should create a design that promotes TSB on an ongoing basis
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:14:09 AM by pwalsh »
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: ISS Long Beach - TSB Member Tee Shirt Design Contest
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 08:05:37 AM »
this is one of the times I wish I was a good artist.. even our on-staff artist is more of a corporate-art type of guy...

Can't wait to see what cool designs come up... and looking forward to a TSB shirt at ISS :)

BTW, suggestion:

If you're thinking of doing these DTG... - how about 1 side on a brother and 1 side on a M&R... that way we can all get real-world wash-testing experience?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 12:48:20 PM »
While one on each side is a cool idea, it's probably not the best thing to do at a show for everyone to see. It may give the wrong impression or imply some major competitor "battle" going on that is not really there IMO.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 12:52:17 PM »
Obviously, if we 3 stooges are making any design pics, then I would not be entering....but, in a pinch, if nobody submits anything, I could come up with something.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »
it's probably not the best thing to do at a show for everyone to see.

I was under the impression that they were going to bring the shirts to the show, not print them live.

honestly I guess it really doesn't matter as I'll be grabbing samples from both M&R and the other vendors to do our own wash tests... we're starting to be curious about this... and while not ready to buy yet, in the next year or 2, and as we build our own business case, we may be interested and want to know.

The one major stopping point for us right now is the 100% cotton requirement... once we can do it on blends and poly/performance fabrics it will be more interesting.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 01:48:03 PM »
Happy Holidays TSB Peeps:  As you all know the Long Beach, CA ISS show is scheduled to be held January 22 thru 24, and we are expecting a big TSB member turnout.  With that in mind I cant think of anything better than having a bunch of TSB members walking the show floor wearing a stylish TSB Promotional Tee shirt so...................  Here's the deal, Nazdar SourceOne is inviting any interested TSB Member's to submit a design to my attention (see contact info below) as a low resolution PDF on or before next Friday January 8th, 2016. I'll work with the Three Stooges running TSB to post all submissions, and we'll have a vote to pick the winner. 

We'll also set up a registration page where you can submit your shirt request and size. Nazdar SourceOne will commit to print 10 dozen (120) shirts that TSB Members can pick up at the Long Beach ISS, and we'll send the balance out to non-attending members by USPS post show. If there's any real interest in this program from TSB members I'll reach out to Mr. Hoffman at M&R, and the folks at Brother to see if we can significantly increase the quantity of available shirts.  We would send any unclaimed shirts to Andy, Dan or Pierre to distribute the shirts post show at their discretion.

IMPORTANT DESIGN INFORMATION:  Please don't limit your design by making it too ISS Long Beach Centric, we should create a design that promotes TSB on an ongoing basis
M&R is in the middle of a plant relocation so I don,t really know what extra time we have but if you bring a file or two to the show we will be happy to print it for you there. That way you can take your file to various manufactures and see who can print it straight off your drive without doing a lot of manipulation. Lights or darks will be fine.
Rich Hoffman

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 08:47:25 PM »

In the absence of any design submissions from the Garment Decorating Pro's it's starting to look like my best option might be to visit the Custom Ink website and get to work on a design for the TSB Show shirt.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 08:56:14 PM »
What are we looking for? One color quick and simple? Or all out sim-process.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 09:35:02 PM »

Something that utilizes the abilities of DTG. Here's your chance to be a digital DaVinci!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 05:35:20 AM »

"Quick & Simple" or all out "Sim Process?" The choice of how to use the canvas is totally up to you.  Andy is 100% correct that the shirts will be decorated on a DTG printer in the Nazdar SourceOne booth at the Long Beach Impressions Show this coming January. 

My thought was to build upon the spirit of community that is TSB by having shirts with a cool design that TSB members could wear at the show.  If the interest just isn't there, I'm ok with it, and we have a bunch of other stock designs that we can print at Long Beach.