Author Topic: Mark Venit RIP  (Read 1735 times)

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Mark Venit RIP
« on: December 27, 2015, 10:42:52 AM »
The passing of my good friend and decorated apparel industry guru Mark Venit marks the end of an era.
Mark challenged everyone he met and worked with to not accept the status quo and strive to be the best they can be.
No matter if you agreed with Mark and his ideas or you were uncomfortable with his comments and observations Mark Venit made you better at what you do, period!
I have attached 2 photos, one of the cover of his Decorated Apparel Industry mandatory read, "The Business of T-shirts" as well as a photo of the tile page of the copy Mark gifted to me upon it's publication.
In his elegant handwriting it says:
Greg,
May all your challenges be Small ... and your successes be Extra Large.
I'm honored to now be in your library and to share it with an industry pioneer.
Warm regards and Best Wishes,
Mark L Venit
You may also notice 2 small hand folded dollar bills that resemble placketed shirts, I am sure thousands of these folded momentoes exist, if you have one please post a picture of it along with a memory of when you received it as a lasting tribute to my friend Mark.
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Mark Venit RIP
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 12:13:29 PM »
Wow, crazy.

Sad news. :-(

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:17:30 PM by Gilligan »

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 01:52:51 PM »
Sorry to hear about Marks passing.     
I have posted a photograph of 2 dollars that he gave me about 3 years ago at Long Beach.
May he rest in peace.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »
Oh yes, very energetic man.
I remember getting a gold t-shirt pin from him about 25 years ago.
So sorry to hear.

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 02:12:53 AM »
The passing of my good friend and decorated apparel industry guru Mark Venit marks the end of an era.

Greg; Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this sincere tribute to Mr. Mark Venit, one of the pioneers and leaders of the garment decorating industry.  I'm going to come right out and admit that I didn't know Mark personally, but I sure knew of his background, and his contributions to our industry. 

The one item in your post that I'm going to take a different position on, is your comment that Mark's passing marks the end of an era. As I stated earlier I didn't know Mark Venit personally, but I've sure met a bunch of like minded Garment Decorating Industry Professional's over the years, and I know that not one of them would want their passing to be the "End of an Era"

Can we agree that Mark's passing is the conclusion of an exceptional chapter in the Garment Decorating story, but with the bright future ahead of this Industry, there are many more chapters yet to be written.  Prayers and best wishes for Mark's family and friends as they deal with his passing.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 08:23:37 AM »

Can we agree that Mark's passing is the conclusion of an exceptional chapter in the Garment Decorating story, but with the bright future ahead of this Industry, there are many more chapters yet to be written.  Prayers and best wishes for Mark's family and friends as they deal with his passing.

Peter we can most certainly agree that the decorated apparel industry is indeed very healthy and thriving however without Mark's unique analysis an important chapter is indeed concluded.   Happy New Year to all!
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050