Author Topic: Dehaze in addition to Easi-Solv 701?  (Read 1617 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Dehaze in addition to Easi-Solv 701?
« on: December 03, 2015, 11:06:55 AM »
Every once in a while I'll get a screen or two that, when I coat them, I'll SEE the previous design ghosted on the opposite side of the emulsion. Is this something dehaze would help with or should I have my screen guy cleaning better?  I don't see any visible areas that were reclaimed poorly but SOMETHING must be in the way or it would'n't show up, right?

If I need a dehaze, what brand do you all use?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Dehaze in addition to Easi-Solv 701?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 11:23:26 AM »
My favorite is Liquid ReNuit from CCI. For me, having cut my teeth on some pretty harsh and nasty pastes, this stuff offers the best balance of effectiveness minimal noticeable (if any) wear and tear on the screen mesh. You can't leave it on forever, but in prescribed dosage, it seems to do fine.

Not so the case with their LHR+Plus that I have a few bottle of via a promotion. If it dwells a little too long, the screens can be toast! I am experimenting with dilution (and always use a timer with settings at the low end like 3 minutes)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 11:29:50 AM »
I forgot the name for it, but few weeks ago, people from Nazdar were sending out samples for emulsion/ink remover, and a ink remover/dehazer.
Not too excited about the first, but I think that dehazer is awesome. Will definitely buy when i run out of the one I currently use.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 11:50:07 AM »
Easiway 415 is what we just got a sample of. Really like it, bought a gallon and am still happy with it.

Not too harsh, not too weak.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 01:34:02 PM »
I'm completely new to this stuff. Do you all recommend a paste or gel over the sprays? Looks like it removes glue from static frames? Gloves I assume at a bare minimum while using the stuff?

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 06:44:37 PM »
The 415 is a thicker liquid, but the home depot spray bottles survive the corrosion and last a long time.

I would use gloves, long sleeve shirts, and eye protection for the bare minimum. Even though this stuff is mellower, it is still pretty corrosive and it if lands on your skin you can feel it start to burn after a minute or two.

We also use a garden hose rinse prior to pressure washing to get most of the chemical off the screens, so it doesn't end up in the air.

Offline CGS

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 09:34:33 PM »
415 is a derivative of the earlier Easisolv Gold. It is good stuff, remember demo-ing for a shop 10+ years ago that printed with gritty conventional ink on glass. Was able to completely remove a 3 year old ghost image without popping the mesh with a 3 minute soak time. Even I was impressed and needless to say we got a new customer from it.

Use gloves for sure, it will keep your fingerprints from starting to disappear....