Author Topic: New to the Industry!  (Read 1156 times)

Offline roxymarie

New to the Industry!
« on: December 04, 2015, 12:32:28 AM »
Hi everyone!

I just rencetly quit my full time job to joined my significant other in the screen printing business. Wow! what an industry! I didn't realize t-shirt could be so exciting, fun, yet very stressful.

It was almost fate, right as I came on we got extremely busy. Work, eat, sleep busy. Where did all my friends go?!  Haha

After nearly 8 months in, we have more orders than we know what to do with. We have recently taken on some retail fullfilment jobs. Auto bagger, auto tagger, awesome new automatic (better than our old Challenger)!

I heard good thing about this forum so I thought I would chime in and ask some advice  :)

I do all the production scheduling, ordering, employee production, client relationships, etc.  - full
on!

Excited to get connected with others in the industry!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: New to the Industry!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 01:31:25 AM »
Glad you found us, welcome. Now, what about your significant other? Is he too good for us? ??? LOL!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 10:13:07 AM »
Welcome!

Sounds like you guys have a nice set up!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 11:05:35 AM »
Her significant other was the one who said "get on the board!" ;)

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 11:02:12 PM »
Hi everyone!

I just rencetly quit my full time job to joined my significant other in the screen printing business. Wow! what an industry! I didn't realize t-shirt could be so exciting, fun, yet very stressful.

It was almost fate, right as I came on we got extremely busy. Work, eat, sleep busy. Where did all my friends go?!  Haha

After nearly 8 months in, we have more orders than we know what to do with. We have recently taken on some retail fullfilment jobs. Auto bagger, auto tagger, awesome new automatic (better than our old Challenger)!

I heard good thing about this forum so I thought I would chime in and ask some advice  :)

I do all the production scheduling, ordering, employee production, client relationships, etc.  - full
on!

Excited to get connected with others in the industry!

Hi RoxyMarie, welcome to the professional garment decorating industry, and to the best industry forum.  There are so many great contributors here who are willing to share their knowledge  that I expect that this site will become your favorite distraction. 
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662