Author Topic: shipping label printers  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Croft

shipping label printers
« on: November 04, 2015, 05:05:20 PM »
I'm looking for a shipping label printer that works well with a Mac, does anyone have one they like . need to do fedex/ UPS shipping labels

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: shipping label printers
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 05:08:15 PM »
I'm looking for a shipping label printer that works well with a Mac, does anyone have one they like . need to do fedex/ UPS shipping labels

contact your UPS rep. they will send you a free label printer and supplies for free for life. They sent us a nice zebra ZP450
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 05:18:33 PM »
we could never get our zebras to work right with mac. we run our shipping in parralells.

Also we use both UPS and Fedex. Our UPS zp450 works with both ups and fedex. The fedex zp5000 works with endicia and fedex.

Also as screen print guy mentions, they will send you free shipping supplies, BUT! they do meter it. meaning they'll only send you as much as you'll use in a period of time.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline jvieira

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 07:00:59 PM »
we've gotten one for free from our shipping company as well but we're shipping 200+ orders a month

Offline Croft

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 08:52:05 PM »
I don't think my shipping qty is high enough with anyone shipper to get a free printer plus there pretty stingy up here, I have sen the zebra models but have seen comments about them not printing well from a mac.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 11:32:27 AM »
We're an almost all Mac shop, but the shipping dept. is PC, no problems that way. You could run a Windows emulation, but really, a cheap PC will handle it.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »
We purchased a Dymo LabelWriter 4XL that works well with ShippingEasy and works with Mac as well, really like it. We have a Zebra printer that UPS sent us and rents to us for $2.00/ week. We only use it with WorldShip, and they do send free labels.

I really like the Dymo and we maybe use the Zebra once a week for the times that we are forced to use WorldShip which I hate.