Author Topic: made a pattern fill with pantone colors...will it sep?  (Read 3968 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

Re: made a pattern fill with pantone colors...will it sep?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 02:10:46 PM »
looked at the file and you had 3 pieces of the camo pattern still in cmyk colors.  you also had the wording as a bitmap and not vector so it was in cmyk colors.  the little mascot was in a vector pattern which is vector based so yes you can print the color seps even though the eye dropper see rgb values.  but in the vector pattern you had left 2 pieces in the cmyk value and that is why some of that image was on the cmyk plates as well as the spot color plates.    I have done one above yours the way we would handle it at our shop.  I just took your camo pattern(vector) change the few pieces which were still cmyk values to your spot values and the power clipped them into the basic shapes.  For the wording I had to do a trace because your wording was a bitmap and needed to be a 1 color shape so I can power clip the camo patter in them.     You can extract the power clip from the wording or mascot and then make a vector based pattern fill and do it the way you have done which is how  the top image in the file.

the main issue was that not all of the pattern was converted to spot color when you made the vector pattern.

hope this helps rather than confuse

the zip file has a corel x5 file and pdf

thanks....and i looked back the pattern and you were right...i missed 3 camo details...dang!

Why would my text be a bitmap?...It's a font i loaded into corel...and its not pixelated when i use it...i thought all founts would be vector in corel? That part confuses me.

the one on top didnt come out....its there but all white.
Mark

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 02:16:20 PM »
hhhmmm..also, when i expand the image the camo withing the design, the edges are pixelated.....its like that in one i did and the ones you did....yet the camo design by itself, when expanded, does not pixelate on the ends.
Mark

Offline aauusa

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 02:23:59 PM »
With the vector pattern it will be pixilated on screen cause it is rendered like an overlay. If I remember correctly when you go to wireframe view you will see the vector pattern as clear with 1 main outline and a normal vector of the Camo you have all lines in between each piece.  The gray area is a bitmap in wireframe. This is one reason I use power clip pulse it faster for me

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 12:02:04 PM »
A quick and easy way to see what all is in your drawing is to open the "Object Manager" located on your tool bar under "Tools". It will tell you if you have bitmaps and what kind they are as well as listing the types of colors used in the various components of your drawing....  whenever I have trouble printing seps that is usually the first thing I check. Good luck....... and COREL RULES..... that is unless you like Illy better!