Author Topic: Speaking of neck tags...  (Read 815 times)

Offline Mr Tees!!

Speaking of neck tags...
« on: September 29, 2015, 11:09:05 AM »
...I decided to start a new thread, the recent one didnt really address a question I have.

...can someone point me to some resources that explain the "legalese" of how this is to be handled? As I understand it, the tags have to contain certain info, is that correct? Does anyone know what that is from experience?

...I have been getting requests for this a good bit, and usually turn it away due to the ramifications (also a good excuse to not deal with the small quantities, which they always are). But I'm starting to rethink this, in terms of letting the client decide if its worth a setup to print just a few XXXL or whatever, essentially putting the decision entirely on them...which may have the added bonus of generating a bit of income on my end.

...my initial thoughts are: I can print whatever you want on the tag area, but will not remove the existing tag ...they must do that on their end. This leaves me non-liable for meeting guidelines once they are sold/distributed, correct? OR...Maybe have them sign some sort waiver, relieving us of responsibility, and requesting that we DO remove the tags?

...I know it appears I am overthinking this, but i feel it my responsibility to have the client understand that having a product line is more that just slapping a logo inside the neck, there are guidelines to follow, and they must do their due diligence. I also feel like if I can point them in the right direction to understand what that entails, its better for all parties.

..any thoughts/advice/resources are greatly appreciated
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Speaking of neck tags...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 11:25:05 AM »
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/threading-your-way-through-labeling-requirements-under-textile

Country of origin, fabric content and company name or RN number are basically it. There's exceptions to all of those though hahaha.