Author Topic: Reps and Times  (Read 5709 times)

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
Re: Reps and Times
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 08:10:58 PM »
My complaint is that my Nazdar rep doesn't show up often enough. I like to see someone once a month at least. If It's not a regular rep then I'm not typically interested.

JW:  Please drop me a PM or an email at pwalsh@nazdar.com with your contact info and a good time for me to reach out to you.  I'm confident that I can get you the account coverage that you are seeking.

Peter
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 01:28:51 PM »
Probably the most common reason for showing up unannounced to you, is that lets say they have a call to show up at one customers shop near you. So they try to kill a few birds in one trip and stop by any and all shops in your area.

As you can imagine, that's just good business (for them or their Co) because they save in travel. It's not as efficient or cost effective if they were to head back home after their visit to the customers they were scheduled to see....and then get a call from you tomorrow asking them to stop by (when they were just in your town yesterday).
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 01:31:47 PM »
Valid points Dan, but they could still at least call in advance. It's not a surprise that they are in the area. They know where they are going to be. So a simple "I will be in the area, and if you have time, could I pop in around "X" o'clock" Just my take.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 01:47:25 PM »
I always find it amusing when folks in the "sales" business treat "sales folks" the way they do.....

Ha Ha, me too. I was just thinking the other day, "Friggin' salesmen..." then, "Wait, I'm one of those!"

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 01:42:34 PM »
I should have also stated the reason I posted this is because I highly value a lot, if not most (but not all), sales reps that come to see me. A lot I would consider friends. And again a lot of them have very good input and experience so when they do show up un-announced the main reason I get all huffy puffy is because I want to learn whatever I can and talk shop. I can name several reps right now that have helped me over the years with everything from EOM to cure temps to just all around experience being in the industry before I was born. And that being said why can't a friend just shoot a text or call at least a few days before? Most of the reps I deal with know I take them out for beers and lunch/dinner. It was just a post venting really.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 10:09:29 AM »
We call it Thursdays here, I swear nobody comes here unless its a Thursday. We see nothing, nobody almost never.... then Thursday hits. We see clothing reps, ink reps, printer salesmen, local people, whatever its like a party.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube