Author Topic: How would you lay out my shop?  (Read 7717 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: How would you lay out my shop?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2011, 12:48:18 AM »
Very off topic but to add to cool stuff that has happened to me.

I got invited and accepted to be a youtube "partner" channel.  So now I make money off any videos I put up there.

Crazy because I don't have much on there and not many subscribers... just one semi-popular video.

Either way it works as the wife plans on doing some children stuff since most of the stuff that is very popular is total rubbish.

Gilligan,

I wouldn't get too excited about making money as a Youtube Partner. I am one and I get about 150 to 300 hits a day. I have about 10 videos and in a month I made less then a $1. You really have to have alot of views and hits to make money. I never really tried to hard. I took all the ads down now because its not why I have the videos there.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: How would you lay out my shop?
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2011, 01:59:44 AM »
Nah... I know... my bro-in-laws are partners and they are also the co-creators and star of "The Retarded Policeman" series.

That series was hugely popular and is in litigation right now because it has made over $200k and their partner lied about it and wasn't paying them jack.  He will lose the case and have to own up to the money they are owe... but that is neither here nor there.

Other than that series they haven't made much but they also haven't pushed and don't have views into the millions like the RP series did (part of the lawsuit deals with some cross promotion of channels).

Hey, if the wife puts up some children's vids and it brings us $30 bucks a month well that is $30 bucks we didn't have for doing absolutely nothing (after making the vids)... we won't be spending a dime and it will be fun for her to make.

Either way it's cool that it came unsolicited.