Author Topic: Method for printing finished shirts on tables  (Read 1730 times)

Offline srabadan

• Verified/Junior
Method for printing finished shirts on tables
« on: September 01, 2015, 05:09:10 PM »
Hi everyone!

The company I work for has a sample printer in China. Right now they print on cut parts which are then assembled into finished tees. This takes time.

For some things we would like them to start printing on finished tees, using their existing table layout. Obviously they will need a solution to the back of the tee sticking to the table but the front floating free.

Wondering if any of you, in your years of experience have seen any creative solutions to this problem that you can share. We are looking into the possibility of adding a rotary but it's a small shop and the staff is more accustomed to printing on the table.

Looking forward to your ideas!

Thanks.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Method for printing finished shirts on tables
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 05:36:43 PM »
Anything we come up with, they would have to modify their existing tables to accommodate.

Easier to buy a carousel printer.

Conversely, create a sample table that is cut to allow for shirts to slide on as if there was a pallet.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 05:51:15 PM »
How about the starch based glues like they use on the inside of shirts on all-over belt printers? Belt printing and other all-over printing presents the same issue as your guys and their table.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 05:33:59 AM »
Cornstarch

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 07:08:37 AM »
They will have to modify their tables for tshirts.
We use to use plywood then put them on long tables for making samples which is a time killer.
Long tables is faster than a manual carousel for waterbased or solvent inks. you can lay down several hundred shirts then start printing. by the time you reach the end. the first shirt would dry.

Out of interest. Why do you want to go full tee? It will cost more if there is a miss print.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline srabadan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 09:59:18 PM »
We all discussed it and figured a carousel would be the best and probably fastest way to go.

But get this, the printers there pushed back and said their table printer couldn't get more than two jobs done a day and would probably take 2.5 hours to set up a 5 color job printing water based. The printers do not mix their own ink for each job. Just line up their screens and go. About 15 pieces of each.

I have worked with these guys (and a young lady) they are not lazy, work 12 hour days on their feet at a dizzying pace and they're great at what they do. They say they will be faster working that table but I just don't see it. Not sure what they will end up doing about it all but it's fun to watch sometimes.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 10:26:01 PM »
We all discussed it and figured a carousel would be the best and probably fastest way to go.

But get this, the printers there pushed back and said their table printer couldn't get more than two jobs done a day and would probably take 2.5 hours to set up a 5 color job printing water based. The printers do not mix their own ink for each job. Just line up their screens and go. About 15 pieces of each.

I have worked with these guys (and a young lady) they are not lazy, work 12 hour days on their feet at a dizzying pace and they're great at what they do. They say they will be faster working that table but I just don't see it. Not sure what they will end up doing about it all but it's fun to watch sometimes.
Shoot a video and share!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 05:43:35 AM »
New 30" S2S prints coming soon Not table printed. Big hit at Surf Expo.