Author Topic: Union HALE Glitter Inks  (Read 1342 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Union HALE Glitter Inks
« on: August 24, 2015, 04:08:50 PM »
Anyone use 'em?  We have a job in the queue that I'm looking at using Satellite Green for.  We're going to drop the green glitter partially to shirt, partially to underbase for a multi toned effect to the glitter hopefully but that's not 100% necessary.  Reading the Union TDS on these I see that they are in a clear base but they also boast direct to dark shirt printing and "complete opacity" which we don't want here, looking for something like the traditional silver glitter suspended in clear but with green flakes basically or perhaps a light green tint to the clear base.  I imagine Union has a clear base for particles that we could cut in to tune it. 

Would love to hear from anyone using them and how opaque they are through a 40 mesh or thereabouts. 

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Union HALE Glitter Inks
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 04:23:35 PM »
I have some on the shelf that we have never used.... If you want I will send you a qt to test out, just let me know

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 04:40:45 PM »
Thx Danny, we have to order the specific green one in anyhow but I appreciate it man!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 05:02:38 PM »
We have a hat order for you guys that I'm shipping up to you today..... I have the HALO-G600 in satellite green that I'm going to put in a small separate box that will go with these hats. Should be the color your wanting to play with. It's been sitting on my shelf along with every other halo color which I've never used so I don't see a need for it here. Hopefully it will work but at least you can test it out before having to order from a vendor.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 05:13:52 PM »
Whoa, that's perfect thanks!